my new custom tomato slicing knife!

How big y'all growing 'maters up there? That thing looked as big as a cantaloupe :D

Super cool knife, fine slicing that juicy tomato and looks like it could keep you alive in a post apocalyptic world.

What a fun experience to received that package. Makes you grin looking through the pics. Congrats Lorien and great job all around Rick!

I too dig the prybar.

Good thread, super knife.
Looks like a sturdy blade. Should work well when out and about. Looks like itll stand up to everyting you throw at it.
Is the cord treated in any way? I know some fix it in place with varnish or the like, but not sure how comfortable that would be to work with, as opposed to untreated cord.

Good thread, super knife.
Looks like a sturdy blade. Should work well when out and about. Looks like itll stand up to everyting you throw at it.
Is the cord treated in any way? I know some fix it in place with varnish or the like, but not sure how comfortable that would be to work with, as opposed to untreated cord.
The wrap is epoxy soaked, then lightly sanded to raise the fibers a bit. If it was just for looks, I wouldn't sand but I have found that a fine abrasive leaves a finish like bead-blasted micarta and increases grip, especially when wet. The drawback is sometimes it gets a powdery dry look... but the oils from your hands(or a bit of linseed) takes care of that in the first few minutes of use. Lorien has another blade by me that he puts to work regularly and can give you his impression of the wrap(Be honest, Lorien... what doesn't compliment me, only makes me stronger!)

That was a really fun series of photos, Lorien.

Rick, superb work as always. I love the wooden box, the pry tool, and the gears/chain links in the leather. Bravo!

The whole kit is just so damn creative it makes me sick. Pure awesomeness. Both of you two kick ass, but I don't want Rick to hear me say that, as his head is already way too inflated, so don't tell him I said so.

Not sure what I find most impressive - the bike-themed sheath, the edge on that fat bastard, or the packaging. It's all too cool.

Nice one, Rick.

Love the package (knife and sheath) and the packaging! The tiny crowbar is just so cute!

The wrap is epoxy soaked, then lightly sanded to raise the fibers a bit. If it was just for looks, I wouldn't sand but I have found that a fine abrasive leaves a finish like bead-blasted micarta and increases grip, especially when wet. The drawback is sometimes it gets a powdery dry look... but the oils from your hands(or a bit of linseed) takes care of that in the first few minutes of use. Lorien has another blade by me that he puts to work regularly and can give you his impression of the wrap(Be honest, Lorien... what doesn't compliment me, only makes me stronger!)

I like the hemp wrap very much. While it can get a little uncomfortable during continuous, heavy use, I'll make that payment any day in exchange for a non slip grip. Much better to have a few blisters on the hand, then a huge gash somewhere on one of my limbs.

Here's a picture I took last weekend of Kamisaurus. The handle has lightened in colour, and has gotten a little softer on the surface. Still abrasive, so I can use this tool in any and all conditions- which I have done- and feel confident in retaining grip no matter what. Seriously, it's been covered in mud, loam, snow, slimy algae type stuff and beer- never has it slipped from my clutches.

Awhile ago, years I guess, I made myself a little business card holder that I could keep in my pocket. I made a little pocket for a teeny Case knife, and for a pen. It appears my little crowbar fits perfectly in the pen pocket, so that is where it shall remain.

me too! It's not so great at opening the mail but that didn't stop me from using it for that. You all know how practical I am.

I'll get some more photos next time I'm in the wilds. I'll make sure to include a spine shot. I find spine photos are kind of like side boob photos- although people often don't go out of their way to see them, they're always happy when they do. Or maybe it's just me. Whatever.

:thumbup: Not just you. Interested to see what you post. ;)

just took the ole PIG to the range and she throws pretty good! This is a nicely balanced knife:thumbup: Hits with authority. In fact, it split my target in two.

also, I used the prybar 4 times today. Didn't open mail with it, but the things I did woulda required me searching around for my little flat head that never seems to be where I need it. AND...it works better. So there you go. Every man needs a little crowbar.

just took the ole PIG to the range and she throws pretty good! This is a nicely balanced knife:thumbup: Hits with authority. In fact, it split my target in two.

also, I used the prybar 4 times today. Didn't open mail with it, but the things I did woulda required me searching around for my little flat head that never seems to be where I need it. AND...it works better. So there you go. Every man needs a little crowbar.
It may(or may not) surprise you to know that the crowbar went through thermal-cycling, hardening and tempering.... it's the real deal. It is awesome that you were throwing the PIG. How's your arm?

It may(or may not) surprise you to know that the crowbar went through thermal-cycling, hardening and tempering.... it's the real deal. It is awesome that you were throwing the PIG. How's your arm?

firstly- not at all surprised! I pried a seized alloy sex pin out from a steel bearing and no bending or little chunks breaking off like what happens when I use a screwdriver.

secondly- my arm is feeling a little weak today, this is one hefty PIG! Gonna have to start throwing with my left just so I don't become all off balanced from the additional muscle mass :)

secondly- my arm is feeling a little weak today, this is one hefty PIG! Gonna have to start throwing with my left just so I don't become all off balanced from the additional muscle mass :)
Yeah... like your right arm isn't already bigger than your left... ahem... from pumping up tires, that is.;)

Tomato looked much better before you started mashing it with that shovel. :)

Back