My new knives are being made !

Great looking design. What are the specs. Blade length and spine thickness. I've owned some big choppers in the past. These remind me a bit of some of my favorites.

Excited to see this project have success.

Awesome! Looks like a powerful chopper. You said you wanted to get the knife and sheath done for 200$, did you succeed? How much are you planning on selling them for?

Great looking design. What are the specs. Blade length and spine thickness. I've owned some big choppers in the past. These remind me a bit of some of my favorites.

Excited to see this project have success.

I have also been using choppers for decades and I have tried to distill all the features I like in this model !

Here are the specs (I added the specs to the original post)

Aurora Borealis Knives
Model: Kodiak
Steel: SK-85 58hrc
Handles: G10
OAL: 15.25 inches
Blade: from handle 9.75 inches sharp 9.25 inches
Thickness: approx 0.27 inch
Weight: 1lb12oz (sheath add 7oz)
Sheath: kydex with nylon belt loop

Awesome! Looks like a powerful chopper. You said you wanted to get the knife and sheath done for 200$, did you succeed? How much are you planning on selling them for?

It should be at around 200$
I think that would be a decent price for a semi custom big chopper

Thank you! :thumbsup:

There are a lot of features that make it easy to see you've put a lot of thought into this: blade height, high saber grind, recessed lanyard hole, material choices, etc. I think you should be very proud of what you have here.

I went through 3 major design revisions to get to this design... it did take quite a while
To get there but I think it was worth it

Nice looking design - I think these will do well!

best

mqqn

Back