My new Timeless (with a small request)

Started wet shaving recently and wanted to get a better razor than my broken 10 dollar one. Only had 1 shave with this so far but it's incredible !!
2 reasons for this post.
1. I just want to show my new razor,lol.
2. Request you take a minute and read my post in "good bad ugly" section about the people at Timeless.
thanks for reading.
Be well
Ken
Specs: Stainless Timeless, scalloped baseplate .95mm blade gap, smooth cap, 14x100 Barber pole handle,matte finish. stainless matte stand
timeless.jpg

KCDR, Ok, looks good & welcome to the Shaving forum. What is the brand name of your razor? Do you unscrew it to install the blade?
Welcome to the world of double edge shaving. What blades do you use? DM

Thanks for the welcome Dave. The Brand is "Timeless", a family owned company in Ohio. If your not familiar with them its a brand where you build your razor. They have many variations in materials,finishes etc. They were very helpful in helping me make a decision. This is a 3 piece so you do remove the handle to install the blade. I'm currently using Feather but will definitely try out others. I'f you have any recommendations I'd like to hear them. Ken

So, the top lifts off with a threaded shaft? And allows the blade to be laid in, then screwed back down?
I shave with Feather blades as well. I've found that sometime they can be rough on my face. But with just a little stropping they
will give a buttery smooth shave. Good luck, DM

Yes thats how it's loaded.This photo is a breakdown of the timeless, the pict is not my razor just one I got from the web. Very solid but I'll warn you they are a bit pricy. Unlike my fascination with pocket knives I'm usually a "but once cry once" type. Once I knew I would continue wet shaving I figured just buy a good one. Nice thing about this company is the trial period. If the one I bought was too harsh or too mild I can exchange parts within the trial or add a part down the road. Today I used a Gillette silver blue. I was very smooth. Feathers are great but I've personally noticed a slight variation in "harshness" between blade to blade. I think your stropping idea has merit, i'm going to try that.

images-1.jpeg

I use a 1957 Gillette super speed. It has given me great shaves for years. I gave 4$ for it at a gun show. I've tried Persona, Wilkinson and Feather blades. My handle tightens at the bottom like yours. Only mine has 2 side panels that open. I have noticed with a quarter to half a turn less it gives a more aggressive shave. DM

Last edited:
I have that same razor with the scalloped top cap and is polished. I loooove it. I enjoy the weight it carries while I’m shaving. I’ve had it for a few years and really want to pick up a brass one too.

I started wet shaving this summer, and my first DE was a Timeless .95 Open Comb. I just sold it yesterday in fact. I now shave exclusively with a Blackland Blackbird Open Comb, which is PERFECT for me.

n9Dm5EIh.jpg

This is the Timeless I just sold:
4PvCG2yh.jpg

Back