My Niece in Nepal during Pandemic

My Niece went to Nepal to learn about farming including tea farming. She was not able to leave due to the pandemic and started a soup kitchen in Kathmandu. She would be doing the same thing if she was home. Its just the kind of person that she is.

Her Aunt (my other sister) has also organized a system of volunteer drivers for grocery and medicine deliveries for the elderly and home bound who really had to self-quarantine because they were high risk.

https://vtdigger.org/2020/05/11/the...-in-kathmandu-makes-meals-to-feed-the-hungry/

Good work.

Good article. It contains a link to the lockdown lunches program. Worth looking at.

Everyone can follow their heart, but we need to be very careful about pushing or encouraging support on Bladeforums.

Good work.

Good article. It contains a link to the lockdown lunches program. Worth looking at.

Everyone can follow their heart, but we need to be very careful about pushing or encouraging support on Bladeforums.

Excuse me, what are you talking about? I do not appreciate your implication that I am "pushing" something here. Or should I say not implication but overt statement that I am pushing something on Bladeforum? I am very proud of my niece as I should be.

I'm sure we're all very proud of your niece and appreciate your posting her situation.
There are a multitude of rules most of which I'm not even up to speed on. These are bladeforum rules not HI rules.
I'm not sure what Howard is referring to but I'm sure he'll be back to help us out.
As he's probably one of the members here who has the most experience in Nepal he can appreciate what your niece is actually dealing with.
I'm sure there was no negative connotations involved here.

I have used Kiva to make micro loans for many years. A few years ago I posted a link here to a micro loan for a new hospital facility in a remote area of Nepal. It was reported by another moderator, and I received a reprimand from one of the supermods. The entire thread was removed from the public area to an area only mods can see.

Take my experience for whatever it’s worth.

Here is the rules page.

https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

The last paragraph on solicitation is the one that was quoted to me.

I tried to be polite and express myself clearly in my first post but apparently I failed. My intent was to let everyone on the forum know (hence “we”) that we should not let this thread stray into anything that could be interpreted as running afoul of Bladeforums rules.

Back