My Sebenza 25 seized up as I was deploying it.

so I got in the car last night to drive home and took my large Inkosi( actually a 25)
out of my pocket and placed on the center console for the trip. About an hour into the ride I picked it up and began opening and closing the blade. Just basic fondling with a light flick here and there. Everything was fine and then out of know where the blade was getting stuck at 90 degrees.
A pound or so of pressure and it would push passed the stuck point. But it was certainly broke. At first I thought the washer slipped or cracked washer..

Turned out the round stop pin is not round and rotated to cause excessive friction on the blade. I’m shocked this happened but after looking at the design I’m more shocked it does not happen more often. There is nothing but friction to prevent it from rotating.

Is this a known issue?
Do people put locktite on the stop pin to stop it from rotating?

Last edited:
Assuming this is a 25. Yes, loctite. I use purple on mine, and I have never had a problem in the almost six years that I have had it. And if you disassemble it only unscrew one side so the stop pin remains aligned correctly.

What actually broke ????
Was it just the stop pin moving putting the blade in a bind ?
This is the first I've heard about an Inkosi, it's happened to the 25 before.

Sorry, Yes it is a 25...

So it sounds like this can be a frequent issue and loctite is the solution.

Once you set the stop pin in its proper position with a dab of loctite. Really no reason to touch it after that. You may want to consider changing the thread title. Since it wasn't an Inkosi and nothing actually broke.

Back