My Son died this mornng.

"We are eternal beings. We lived as intelligent spirits before this mortal life. We are now living part of eternity. Our mortal birth was not the beginning; death, which faces all of us, is not the end." -Ezra Taft Benson-

Nothing can be said to ease your pain. Bless his soul and Bless you and your family.
David

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. May your son rest in eternal peace.

There are no words for the loss of a child... I know, I lost my son January 2016... I can tell you to take "your" time. You can't rush healing... Acceptance is a wonderful place to be, but it's a helluva journey... Keep moving forward brother. My condolences

Wow, that is a hard read. As a parent, it seems you lived my nightmare. Stay strong & God Speed sir.

Thoughts and prayers to you brother. Draw your family and friends close.

Terribly sorry to hear this. No parent wants to outlive their kids. My thoughts are with you and your family

Red

Very sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

losing a kid is perhaps the most daunting thing in life - hang in there

Up until just a little while ago, I haven't cried. I called my wife's cousin who lost his only son in September and blubbered.

Thanks yet again to all y'all. Your messages really help. Thanks for letting me talk and the sincere condolences mean more than you know.

I can’t imagine anything tougher to deal with than losing a son or daughter. Sorry for your loss. RIP Bryan.

So sorry for your loss, it's not something you did or didn't do, you were there when he needed you, he just wasn't ready to be helped. Keepin' you and yours in my thoughts and prayers, R.I.P. Bryan.

Hey man I am so sorry to hear about your son Bryan. I know it's hard to understand all the why's you have unanswered. Answers that would help lead to an understanding. If I pull from my own experience Bryan probably couldn't have given those answers because I believe at a certain point there weren't any. We all pick up a drink for our own reasons in the beginning. For some of us there's a tipping point I know this first hand. I almost died myself. I know that a lot of people will read that Bryan walked, WALKED out of the ER with a .40 bal. I walked in with a .56. What brought me to that, the reasons? The answers to why? There is no answer none that could possibly explain why satisfactorily. A disease doesn't need a reason to take over. It's just what it does and sometimes all it takes is that first drink because if your susceptible to the disease all it needs is that invitation in. I met death and I know I'll never NEVER get another chance to walk away from death where alcohol is concerned. Take solace in knowing he is no longer suffering from this horrible disease and that you did everything you could to help your son. I wish I could give you a huge hug. You and your wife take care of each other and Bryan is resting peacefully now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Prayers and best wishes for comfort of your loss.
I have a brother-in-law in a similar downward spiral. We've tried to help but he seems focused on self-destruction.

Hey man I am so sorry to hear about your son Bryan. I know it's hard to understand all the why's you have unanswered. Answers that would help lead to an understanding. If I pull from my own experience Bryan probably couldn't have given those answers because I believe at a certain point there weren't any. We all pick up a drink for our own reasons in the beginning. For some of us there's a tipping point I know this first hand. I almost died myself. I know that a lot of people will read that Bryan walked, WALKED out of the ER with a 4.0 bal. I walked in with a 5.6. What brought me to that, the reasons? The answers to why? There is no answer none that could possibly explain why satisfactorily. A disease doesn't need a reason to take over. It's just what it does and sometimes all it takes is that first drink because if your susceptible to the disease all it needs is that invitation in. I met death and I know I'll never NEVER get another chance to walk away from death where alcohol is concerned. Take solace in knowing he is no longer suffering from this horrible disease and that you did everything you could to help your son. I wish I could give you a huge hug. You and your wife take care of each other and Bryan is resting peacefully now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post my friend.

Back