My Son died this mornng.

So sorry for your loss. It sounds like you did everything you could do, please don't blame yourself.

Thank you for allowing us into your life at this time that is so hard. What you are going through is my greatest fear. We have thirteen grandsons and six children in our home that came from homes destroyed by alcoholism.
I wish I could say something that would ease your grief.

Prayers sent to your family in your time of suffering.
Hope you find peace to help ease the pain.

He was 35 and died from a seizure. He's been battling alcoholism for years now. We've tried so hard over the years to get him help, but he just wouldn't lift a finger to improve his lot. Couldn't even be bothered to attend one AA meeting.

Finally got him to go to an emergency room this past Monday to be evaluated to get into a detox facility. They admitted him to the hospital with a .40 BAC. He walked out a few hours later and disappeared for two days. I felt that would be his last chance at saving his life and unfortunately, I was right.

We knew that time was closing in on him and tried to prepare for that inevitable phone call. It came at 1:30 this morning.

Thanks to the forum for letting me have this little relief. I'm so numb. RIP Bryan. I love you.

Prayers and condolences. If you ever need anyone to talk to, then feel free to hit me up on a PM.

Sorry to hear this, Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you, family and friends.

Condolences BFS. Nothing can prepare you for the loss of a loved one let alone a child. You did what any loving parent could.

I am so deeply sorry for your loss!! I can not even begin to imagine the pain that you are going through.

Alcoholism is a nasty disease! It is the only disease that tells you that you don't have a disease.

Oh my, So sorry to read this. I can't imagine what you are going through. It sounds like you tried to help him. That doesn't take the pain away, but it shouldn't give you any extra guilt either. My condolences on your loss.

Glenn

I have three children. I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry for you and your family. God bless.

Terribly sorry for your loss, there's not much that can be said to console at this moment. I truely hope you and his mother get some rays of light in this dark time.

Quote Originally Posted by Artifakt

Hey man I am so sorry to hear about your son Bryan. I know it's hard to understand all the why's you have unanswered. Answers that would help lead to an understanding. If I pull from my own experience Bryan probably couldn't have given those answers because I believe at a certain point there weren't any. We all pick up a drink for our own reasons in the beginning. For some of us there's a tipping point I know this first hand. I almost died myself. I know that a lot of people will read that Bryan walked, WALKED out of the ER with a 4.0 bal. I walked in with a 5.6. What brought me to that, the reasons? The answers to why? There is no answer none that could possibly explain why satisfactorily. A disease doesn't need a reason to take over. It's just what it does and sometimes all it takes is that first drink because if your susceptible to the disease all it needs is that invitation in. I met death and I know I'll never NEVER get another chance to walk away from death where alcohol is concerned. Take solace in knowing he is no longer suffering from this horrible disease and that you did everything you could to help your son. I wish I could give you a huge hug. You and your wife take care of each other and Bryan is resting peacefully now!

Great post my friend.

Yes it was. It really helped me.

I only know some of you folks via this forum. But today, your all my brothers and I love you guys. I'm really touched by your compassion and kindness to this stranger. You've helped mend a broken heart today.

I have two sons, I love them so much. Having children can be the best thing in the world, bringing unlimited happiness. It can also be unbearably painful.

I sincerely send my condolences, I don't know if anything can bring you consolation, but if you think of anything please, send me a pm.

If anyone is interested in helping me put together a care package shoot me a pm. I'd like send something to show we are here for him and help him through this.

If anyone is interested in helping me put together a care package shoot me a pm. I'd like send something to show we are here for him and help him through this.

Excellent idea Chris!!!
I'm in my friend.
Joe

Prayers for you and your family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back