My Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

Custom--nice pics!

Ocarr--the clip came to me in a trade, but I believe the maker/seller is found on the big auction site...

A few more Delicas to add, just for fun!

20150209_230601_zpsthsve3ac.jpg

...Not surprised that your liking your Delica....

...Just alittle surprised that your Dobie is liking Bananas & Carrots...:D ,B.T.B.

Billy--nice pic!
She loves some natural fruits as a small part of her diet. She also likes applesauce with a cup of raw oats mixed in!

Had a rottweiler that loved carrots and bananas. Now I have a cat that will eat banana, but he loves hummus. Haha.

16629035219_f8b1e3206c_z.jpg

I consider the Delica to be the "friendly" Spyderco. Especially when done up in one of the brighter colors.

The Delica and Endura together will always be the definition of the classic Spyderco knife. They seem to work perfectly for just about everything without being showy or extremely expensive. I've owned a Delica since the very first model was introduced. Unfortunately, I lost that original knife soon after buying it. I picked up a later edition a few years back and I've since bought several Delica 4 models in various colors. The OP compared it to a CRK and I think it's a fair comparison if utility and ergonomics are the main points in review. I have a small Sebenza and it's a great piece of engineering but most Spydercos just feel better in my hand and equal the Sebenza for daily utility. My favorite Spydercos are the Gayle Bradley and Centofante but, since the Delica is a classic and handles so well, it's a no brainer for a Spyderco fan to own one or two.

Reactions: vba
Still carrying and using the Delica 4. I stropped it last night and got it back to be able to pop hairs quite easily, although it hadn't been dulled much yet anyway.

My uses continue to be standard EDC type tasks--such as slicing up this apple for lunch. One thing I did notice was there is some froward and back blade play when slicing something like the apple--no real concern, just an observation:

Also, this aftermarket clip seems to catch on my pocket sometimes--do any of you experience this as well?

I think that's what has been coined as "Seki rock". Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've noticed it too when bearing down into cardboard.

Can't say about the clip. I use Casey's clips for any Spydie that has that hole pattern, and I don't notice any catching on the pocket that I can recall.

I think that's what has been coined as "Seki rock". Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've noticed it too when bearing down into cardboard.

Can't say about the clip. I use Casey's clips for any Spydie that has that hole pattern, and I don't notice any catching on the pocket that I can recall.

"Seki Rock"--I will have to remember that!

I've experienced that type of lock rock with some U.S.-made Buck lockback knives, so I don't know if it's fair to characterize it as a product of Seki manufacturing.

Jim

The Sage 2 has totally different ergos than a crk or delica it's kind of chubby and uncomfortable to me.

The utility of the Delica is really hard to beat. It's a "convenient" knife. Easy to pocket, to open and close, to just throw around. Really great knife!

I agree with the chubby aspect of the Sage. Not crazy about mine; in fact I never carry it. Not good for capturing an olive or two out of a Kettle One on the rocks. I'd like to see a Delica with G-10 and liners like the Dragonfly.

28gauge they had a g10 sprint one for the Delica you can find them on occasion you can also get g10 Putnam scales for about 100 shipped. The lockback rock is bound to happen. If it bothers you, you could always check out a code 4 by cold Steel that has a Triad lock, I like the ergos on that knife a lot. I gave mine away to a buddy.

28gauge they had a g10 sprint one for the Delica you can find them on occasion you can also get g10 Putnam scales for about 100 shipped. The lockback rock is bound to happen. If it bothers you, you could always check out a code 4 by cold Steel that has a Triad lock, I like the ergos on that knife a lot. I gave mine away to a buddy.

Thanks.

Also, this aftermarket clip seems to catch on my pocket sometimes--do any of you experience this as well?
91FD74D5-5526-4ED3-A0D1-525206309F6F_zpsasbnl5xw.jpg

I don't have that exact clip, but yeah, many of the thicker aftermarket clips like that seem to catch more when trying to put them in your pocket. It takes some shifting to get it to sit fully deep in pocket and not just rest on the screws. Pulling out I haven't had much issue though. I still like the wire clips better, partially for some of those same reasons.

And I'd agree on the "Seki rock" thing being a bit too vague and stereotyping. Never heard that before myself. Although I do have 1 Delica that has slight up and down play when pushed hard. Never a concern of unintentionally coming unlocked though.

28guage, like was mentioned there was a Sprint foliage green G10 Delica, or you could also look into some Wilkins Grips for the Delica. I have 2 Delicas with those scales and love them.

The Delica is one of those must haves.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 102
"Seki pop", not Seki rock, and I believe it was Sal himself who coined the term.

In spite of being prone to vertical play I really dig them, been carrying this one every day since I got it 6 months ago:

Oddly enough, I've never had 'lock rock' of any type on any of the Seki-made Spydercos I own with Torx construction. OTOH, almost all of the ones I own with FRN handles and pinned construction have 'lock rock'/Seki pop to some degree.

Lately, I've been using my brown FFG Delica a lot, even though it's taken me a couple years to warm to it. I'm liking it so much I just ordered a FFG Endura 4.

Jim

Back