My Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

Reject,

Incredible collection, thanks for posting.

Regards,
FK

G31jKuA.jpg

What version is this? I haven't been up to speed on the versions and I love the looks of this.

Just spent a little time reading back through this great thread! I now only have two folding knives left. My trusty purple delica 4 and an s30v wharncliffe D4. I really have found that I need nothing more than these two.

I also double up my D4 with a Vic farmer or sometimes a Swiss champ, and find that there isn’t much I cannot handle with these two.

The delica is truly the best EDC knife there it hands down.

I used to think I needed to carry a pocket knife that I could pry a door open with. But truth is, the delica handles 99% of everything I throw at it. And I’m not easy on these or any other knife I have ever had.

MMAR.......how’s it going? The delica still the pocket king for you?

I was doing some minor drywall/framing work the other night. I had to shave off a bit of drywall that was overhung on a door frame. I used the short blade of a utility knife at first, but it wasn't doing the trick. Guess what knife came out? You guessed it--the pocket KING Delica.

I love the Delica and actually just made a full circle back to one after selling mine a few years ago . Was lucky to score one of the last Delica sprint runs in V-Toku2 I could find :thumbsup:
Just for kicks also have the same sprint run on the way but the Manbug to keep it company :D

I've had a Delica 4 Black in ZDP as my EDC for about 4 years and I still love it. Being a compulsive Wicked Edge sharpener, the blade is noticeably shorter than when new.

I recently recommended the Delica to a brother-in-law. He got the Green in VG-10 and loves it, but since he has a bad case of Rheumatoid Arthritis, he found he doesn't have the finger strength to open the blade one-handed with the thumb-hole. I ground a little bit off of the spring with a Dremel and now he's managing OK. Much easier to do than I expected. As his illness is progressive, I expect to grind a little more off the spring in the next year or two.

I've had a Delica 4 Black in ZDP as my EDC for about 4 years and I still love it. Being a compulsive Wicked Edge sharpener, the blade is noticeably shorter than when new.

I recently recommended the Delica to a brother-in-law. He got the Green in VG-10 and loves it, but since he has a bad case of Rheumatoid Arthritis, he found he doesn't have the finger strength to open the blade one-handed with the thumb-hole. I ground a little bit off of the spring with a Dremel and now he's managing OK. Much easier to do than I expected. As his illness is progressive, I expect to grind a little more off the spring in the next year or two.
Or another option would be to do the zip tie trick on the spydie hole so it’ll have the wave feature with self deployment when pulling it out of the pocket .

My third V-Toku2 Delica just arrived today so the obsession continues. I figured that these are becoming a little hard to find and I love the steel so much that I needed just one more. I still have one more set of custom scales that will go on this one.

Back