My Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

I haven't been here for a while .
Photobucket killed the fun for me by demanding I pay for all of my images to be visible .
Anyway even though I haven't been here I still carry a Delica everyday of some desciption .
Favourites are Hap40 with custom scales , Super Blue , and to be honest probably my favourite because it was my first venture away from VG10 my ZDP189

R34l4PS.jpg

Despite all the alternatives, the Delica is my favorite edc.

I am forcing myself to try other models but the Delica feels like home.

Just picked up another on off the exchange. I’ve been Edcing a bugout for months now. And I love it but have been missing the delica 4. It’s just such a fantastic knife. The wife still has 2 of them, but she regularly carries them in a rotation. Definitely excited to get another on in my pocket!!

Man the spider bit me hard this time around. I didnt realize I have been missing them so much. I found a decent deal on an m390 delica. But not sure I should jump on it. Is it worth the upgrade over vg10? I keep reading conflicting info on it. I also have no experience with Spydercos m390, only benchmades. And I liked it on my Ritter grips that I owned.
Any thoughts??

Reactions: 353
Looks like I’ll have two showing up this week now. I am confident that they will kick the bugout and small21 out of my pocket! Very excited to get another one of these. Just fantastic knives!

Man the spider bit me hard this time around. I didnt realize I have been missing them so much. I found a decent deal on an m390 delica. But not sure I should jump on it. Is it worth the upgrade over vg10? I keep reading conflicting info on it. I also have no experience with Spydercos m390, only benchmades. And I liked it on my Ritter grips that I owned.
Any thoughts??

Looks like I’ll have two showing up this week now. I am confident that they will kick the bugout and small21 out of my pocket! Very excited to get another one of these. Just fantastic knives!

I have a Delica 4 M390 waiting for me at the post office, but I'm situated at our cabin now as it's vacation.

Gonna have to take a trip to town and bring it back with me one of these days.

I have a Delica 4 M390 waiting for me at the post office, but I'm situated at our cabin now as it's vacation.

Gonna have to take a trip to town and bring it back with me one of these days.

I am very excited to get mine. It will be my first delica that was not vg10. I did However have the wharncliffe s30v. I loved the knife but not as much as the regular delica. The s30v also wasn’t enough of an improvement over vg10 for me either. So.....needless to say I can’t wait!

I am very excited to get mine. It will be my first delica that was not vg10. I did However have the wharncliffe s30v. I loved the knife but not as much as the regular delica. The s30v also wasn’t enough of an improvement over vg10 for me either. So.....needless to say I can’t wait!

Me neither, kind of a "mini grail", as I love both the Delica pattern(sooo classic and beautiful) and the M390 family of steel.

The HRC testing of the M390 Delica also came out very nice, around 61 if I remember correctly.

Finally got my M390 Delica after over two months of waiting!

A bit dissapointed as the grind was taller on the show side, but not so bad I'm returning it.

OMHCp4b.jpg

EQPy0vh.jpg

lS034eT.jpg

E0sYw85.jpg

Mine is out for delivery today!

I use to really hate Delica's.
Too small for EDC.
Too light.

It is defiantly a knife I had to give time to grow on me.
In the end for me, I found it to be able to handle 98% of my needs.
Thinner than a PM3 in taking pocket space, thinner blade and ambidextrous.

Now my collection has grown and a Delica rules my pocket for EDC.
Was I ever wrong about The Delica.

b9d6fxBl.jpg

I use to really hate Delica's.
Too small for EDC.
Too light.

It is defiantly a knife I had to give time to grow on me.
In the end for me, I found it to be able to handle 98% of my needs.
Thinner than a PM3 in taking pocket space, thinner blade and ambidextrous.

Now my collection has grown and a Delica rules my pocket for EDC.
Was I ever wrong about The Delica.

b9d6fxBl.jpg
Nice family portrait :thumbsup:
I think 5 delicas is my magic number to. I’ll have to round them up this weekend :cool:

Back