My Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

Slugy, rmeron, dustygmt--thanks for the comments. I agree, it feels nice to have Sal chime in on my thread!

I have enjoyed this Delica so much that I recently purchased a HAP40 Delica from the Exchange that should be here on Thursday. It is NIB so I am unsure if it will get carried and used right away as I am quite content with this VG-10, but it will be fun knowing I have he OPTION to carry it and use it!

A few more EDC tasks with the Blue Delica over the last few days:

Building a small fire in the fire pit in my backyard. I love just hanging out with the family in my yard and enjoying the small things in life--including making tinder and kindling with a great knife!

My Doberman's kennel has a sunshade that is held in place by zip ties that break periodically. So, after replacing them I trim down the excess for a clean look--no problem for the Delica. Only, this time I accidentally hit the chain link frame a couple of times that caused a small "flat spot" on the edge. A little work with the grey compound on the strop and it was back in black.

And the day wouldn't be complete without breaking down some cardboard to save room in the recycling bin:

The Delica--what a champ!

Slugy, rmeron, dustygmt--thanks for the comments. I agree, it feels nice to have Sal chime in on my thread!

I have enjoyed this Delica so much that I recently purchased a HAP40 Delica from the Exchange that should be here on Thursday. It is NIB so I am unsure if it will get carried and used right away as I am quite content with this VG-10, but it will be fun knowing I have he OPTION to carry it and use it!

A few more EDC tasks with the Blue Delica over the last few days:

Building a small fire in the fire pit in my backyard. I love just hanging out with the family in my yard and enjoying the small things in life--including making tinder and kindling with a great knife!

My Doberman's kennel has a sunshade that is held in place by zip ties that break periodically. So, after replacing them I trim down the excess for a clean look--no problem for the Delica. Only, this time I accidentally hit the chain link frame a couple of times that caused a small "flat spot" on the edge. A little work with the grey compound on the strop and it was back in black.

And the day wouldn't be complete without breaking down some cardboard to save room in the recycling bin:

The Delica--what a champ!
. Yes a pocketsize Hercules !!

I'm glad you are liking your Delica so much! It's my favorite pocket knife overall, although right now I don't have one. I've had three, one I gave away and two were lost/stolen, most recently a ZDP/British racing green. I'm currently EDCing a Caly 3, which is almost a Delica with a choil, I'd highly recommend it if you want a similar Spyderco!

I picked up a LNIB Mantra off of the Exchange thinking that maybe it could kick the Delica out of my pocket. . I have been EDC'ing it over the last couple of weeks. . . Guess which one is in my pocket today?

Here are a few shots of the Mantra. . .

And next up in line to compete for the title of "Pocket King" is the Spyderco PM2! This one is in black G10 and S30v. Let's try carrying it for a week and see if it kicks ol' blue outta my pocket. . . And on-deck after the PM2 will be the venerable Endura in orange FRN and VG-10 to take on the challenge. . .

Last edited:
Nice score on the SB .
Please tell me your going to use it .

Ken

Ken... I cannot tell a lie: I do not know if I will use it or not! I know it's silly to buy a slicer like that and not use it, but I really just like owning it in mint condition for now!

I also love the Delica. I own five of them, four users and one NIB to gift a friend at his graduation. That is more than any other model I own. Just wonderfully balanced design. I prefer the FRN handles, too, for comfort and lightness. Love the cheery colors!

We are a few days into the PM2's quest to kick the Blue Delica out of my pocket. I am really enjoying carrying the PM2--usually I carry my Delica clipped to my right front pocket, but for some reason the PM2 seems to ride nicely in my right rear pocket--it's the only knife I have ever carried this way and I like it with the PM2!

A couple of tasks it has seen today--first, 40lb bags of rock salt for my water softener:

I have a smoke bush in my front yard that needs constant attention to trimming:

I purchased a HAP40 Dragonfly from a very nice forum member and it came in the mail today. My intent was to enter it into my little contest to see if it could knock the Delica out of its role as my EDC King. Well, it was readily apparent as soon as I opened the box and held it in my hand that this little guy just doesn't have the guts or the gumption to compete against the Delica. Don't get me wrong, it's a very knice little knife, but it is simply too small, in my opinion, to compete with the Delica.

Here are a couple pics of it, even though it looks like every other DF you have seen ;):

I purchased a HAP40 Dragonfly from a very nice forum member and it came in the mail today. My intent was to enter it into my little contest to see if it could knock the Delica out of its role as my EDC King. Well, it was readily apparent as soon as I opened the box and held it in my hand that this little guy just doesn't have the guts or the gumption to compete against the Delica. Don't get me wrong, it's a very knice little knife, but it is simply too small, in my opinion, to compete with the Delica.

Here are a couple pics of it, even though it looks like every other DF you have seen ;):

The Dragonfly 2 is a great extremely small knife. I think it makes an excellent back up knife or even the best ultralight carry knife there is. However I agree it is just a little too small. Could you do me a favor and compare the cutting edges of the Delica to Pm2.

Dont count the Dfly out just yet. I have one that I traded for in Zdp steel and I just can't put it down. I wouldn't have ever guessed that would've happened. Keep this thread going. I enjoy keeping up with your progress.

Back