My ZDP-189 Foliage Green G10 Delica 4

Fred Sanford

Gold Member
I just couldn't take it any more. :)

One of my favorite knives is the Delica and I love ZDP-189. I just really wanted a G10/stainless linered Delica with ZDP. So I bought a new ZDP D4 and swapped the blade, lockbar, and pivot bolt. Believe it or not, the pivot from the VG-10 G10 D4 would not properly fit through the hole of the ZDP blade. It would bind up and stuff like they are slightly different sizes. The VG-10 blade from the G10 D4 would easily go on the ZDP pivot, but not the other way around.

Regardless, there is no play at all, the lockup is good, and I love it. The only thing that is a little different is the finish on the lockbar. It didn't have a nicely ground (sanded) lockbar on the ZDP FRN D4 so I sanded the lockbar with 200 grit. It looks good but not identical. It's more than adequate enough for me. I really dig it.

Took the pics tonight with my CCW piece.

Thanks for looking!

MAsDP6Y.jpg

T0YR738.jpg

nyGj4W5.jpg

This pic was actually taken last night.
bDguQQ7.jpg

That looks awesome! I did a blade and lock bar swap to the Damascus ti delica and it turn out really nice but the satin to handle didn't last long before it got all scratched up from use and not in a good way like stone wash but more like.... well scratched up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it!! I want to do something with a Delica... I'm thinking the wharncliffe and I'm hoping to find titanium scales.. I see you have the Trijicon HD sights. How do you like them? I need to do sights on my G36 and the Meprolight tritium sights are less than half... but my eyes keep being drawn to the HD Trijicons

I like it. That is my favorite G10 and my favorite Spydie. What's not to love?

I like it!! I want to do something with a Delica... I'm thinking the wharncliffe and I'm hoping to find titanium scales.. I see you have the Trijicon HD sights. How do you like them? I need to do sights on my G36 and the Meprolight tritium sights are less than half... but my eyes keep being drawn to the HD Trijicons

Thanks! ;-)

I love 'em. I have a Gen4 G19 with the bright yellow set. After seeing those during the day and night I never want to go back to Glock factory sights. I figured I'd try the bright orange on the CCW piece and see how I like 'em. I like 'em, but I prefer the yellow over the orange.

Back