1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My ZDP-189 Foliage Green G10 Delica 4

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Fred Sanford, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    I just couldn't take it any more. :)

One of my favorite knives is the Delica and I love ZDP-189. I just really wanted a G10/stainless linered Delica with ZDP. So I bought a new ZDP D4 and swapped the blade, lockbar, and pivot bolt. Believe it or not, the pivot from the VG-10 G10 D4 would not properly fit through the hole of the ZDP blade. It would bind up and stuff like they are slightly different sizes. The VG-10 blade from the G10 D4 would easily go on the ZDP pivot, but not the other way around.

Regardless, there is no play at all, the lockup is good, and I love it. The only thing that is a little different is the finish on the lockbar. It didn't have a nicely ground (sanded) lockbar on the ZDP FRN D4 so I sanded the lockbar with 200 grit. It looks good but not identical. It's more than adequate enough for me. I really dig it.

Took the pics tonight with my CCW piece.

Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pic was actually taken last night.
    [​IMG]

2. wiredbeans

wiredbeans

Apr 5, 2015
    That looks awesome! I did a blade and lock bar swap to the Damascus ti delica and it turn out really nice but the satin to handle didn't last long before it got all scratched up from use and not in a good way like stone wash but more like.... well scratched up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    Very nice, I love the Delica in ZDP!

4. Thedude315

Thedude315

Mar 13, 2017
    I like it!! I want to do something with a Delica... I'm thinking the wharncliffe and I'm hoping to find titanium scales.. I see you have the Trijicon HD sights. How do you like them? I need to do sights on my G36 and the Meprolight tritium sights are less than half... but my eyes keep being drawn to the HD Trijicons

5. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    I like it. That is my favorite G10 and my favorite Spydie. What's not to love?

6. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Thanks! ;-)

I love 'em. I have a Gen4 G19 with the bright yellow set. After seeing those during the day and night I never want to go back to Glock factory sights. I figured I'd try the bright orange on the CCW piece and see how I like 'em. I like 'em, but I prefer the yellow over the orange.

7. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Green is easier for most to see. But yellow works, too.