My ZT 0560 arrived!

My ZT 0560 arrived yesterday and wow, you guys weren't kidding, Hinderer and ZT really knocked it out of the park with this design. The fit & finish are outstanding and the utilitarian shape have made this one an instant favourite. I ordered in a ZT 0200 a couple weeks back but, although the size and shape were great, the weight was a little more than ideal for a folder. The 0560's titanium frame improves on this considerably though so it sits well in the pocket yet still has the mass I was looking for in a larger folder. I'm stoked to finally see a ball bearing system in action and it makes for a really silk-smooth opening system.

There are only two minor downsides to this model. First, the jimping seems a little on the aggressive side but it should be a benefit when wearing gloves and using it for heavier work. The other issue was the sticky lock mechanism, but adding some sharpie to the blade tang, as was suggested by number of Bladeforums posts, cleared the issue right up. I think I've found a new EDC,one that will even boot the PM2 from my pocket, at least for a time. Now to put it to get outside and put it to some good use.

f18c9d3c-55e9-410e-b298-564e1775f089_zps80360c24.jpg

e4d75fa6-0cd5-45f1-982a-eda1c221bf54_zps2fcc3972.jpg

Nice. That looks almost just like mine. :p I'm going to have to try that new tactical grip you're using, though.

I think I've found a new EDC,one that will even boot the PM2 from my pocket, at least for a time. Now to put it to get outside and put it to some good use.

Mine made me even trade my PM2 for other ZT knives never went back to it.... I love the way it takes a mirror edge too. I know some don't like elmax, but for my uses it suits me fine.

Mine made me even trade my PM2 for other ZT knives never went back to it.... I love the way it takes a mirror edge too. I know some don't like elmax, but for my uses it suits me fine.

I haven't heard anything negative about Elmax yet. Is there anything in particular I should watch for?

That black handle looks good and is what I'd like also. (However, I've got a 561 deal that might work out just as well.) It's good to hear such raving reviews about the knife. Plus you've got a BA bracelet!!

I haven't heard anything negative about Elmax yet. Is there anything in particular I should watch for?

There's a thread about the "Elmax controversy" in the "testing" subforum. Also check out the edge-retention ranking thread, and particularly some of the comments by STR about steels that are "heat-treat picky." I found that interesting.

You would be better off doing your own research on that. Whatever issues aside, the 560 is a sweet blade!

Enjoy it.

Back