N A S K finalized

That will only lead to confusion when the next reiteration of the FK is released

FK 2.0 is the next FK. I prefer Heavy Duty Camp Knife but perhaps the moniker Camp Knife doesn't appeal to Nathan because Fiddleback has a similarly named pattern.

That will only lead to confusion when the next reiteration of the FK is released

damnit... names are hard.

I literally call my boy "Boy". Sometimes he'll answer to Harrison, but "Boy" works every time.

...I think there might actually be something wrong with my brain...

As Dan so eloquently puts it: "it's hard to make the words do"

Last edited:
damnit... names are hard.

I literally call my boy "Boy". Sometimes he'll answer to Harrison, but "Boy" works every time.

...I think there might actually be something wrong with my brain...

As Dan so eloquently puts it: "it's hard to make the words do"

Hmmm there might be something to this. My wife has started doing something similar and she's also genius in specific areas as well.

Heavy Duty Field Knife says it all! You may always want to keep the size remain as a surprise. Like you said, "you'd know it when you saw it" :)

I think this works as well. Doesn't over complicate, gets the point across.

Why make things harder than they need to be?

A few years from now, I'll probably still be calling it the NASK anyhow. ;)

I got this...;)

NASKSK...Not A Survival Knife Survival Knife :p

*edit...added silly face just so ya'll knew I was joking :oops:;)

Last edited:
Since it's bigger and heavier duty than the Field Knife, how about the Woods Knife? Simple and purpose descriptive name in the tradition of the Field Knife. It also allows us to affectionately call it the Woody as a fluffer tie in... :D

When did they say august?

I don't recall the CPK-Bosses state August publicly but extrapolating the info from the very first post in the NASK pre-order thread, in addition to the dizzying pace of the workshop set up and rearrangement, new machine, Blade 2017, plus the morsels of information here and there; I came up with midish August.

I apologize if I misinformed as that date / month was never stated by Nathan. Also bear in mind that the further down the list the longer it would take but IIRC you were pretty high up and early on the PO list.

I don't recall the CPK-Bosses state August publicly but extrapolating the info from the very first post in the NASK pre-order thread, in addition to the dizzying pace of the workshop set up and rearrangement, new machine, Blade 2017; I came up with August. I apologize if I misinformed as that date / month was never stated by Nathan. Also bear in mind that the further down the list the longer it would take but IIRC you were pretty high up and early on the PO list.
1049620.png

Back