NADIRAX- Viking war knife, 13 inch multibar twisted damascus blade, heavily carved bone handle - PM

Petr Melicharek

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi everyone
1f642.png

After more than five weeks of work I finished this mytho-poetic interpretation of viking war knife. It is not according to any real historical weapon . It is just inspired by various historical pieces and my fantasy over that theme
1f642.png
The last picture is not my lame intention to make nude art, but it is more likely for get an idea about the size of knife :D
1f642.png

Here is short story that is behind this knife ..
1f642.png

Once, in the begining of autumn, the young hero on his journey was about to cross dangerous valley. The guardian of this place was big Serpent, which was known for his hypnotizing gaze. Whoever looked into his face became stunned and unable to move. The Serpent killed him easily then. The young warrior found a forest witch and asked her for the enchantment, that would help him to beat the Serpent. She promised him to help under one circumstance. If he wins, he will pass through the valley and leave behind the dead Serpent and his treasures untouched. The warrior agreed. So she enchanted his weapon with mysterious carvings and magic runes. She also prepared magical potion from hawthorn, hops, snake poison and other ingredients. Before the fight the hero followed the advice of enchantress. He poured the potion into his left eye. That eye was transformed into eye of the Serpent. By the magic power, when he closed his right eye, he saw what the beast was seeing. He prepared his weapon and approached to the Serpent.Then he quickly closed his human eye, so he wouldnt be hypnotised and waited without single move. At this moment he saw himself, by the eye of the beast ... The Serpent thought that the human is unable to move and attacked recklessly... At the last moment, when the hero almost saw himself bitten, he moved as fast as he could to the side and with one single blow he chopped of the head of the beast with enchanted weapon. So the Serpent made his last breath and the young hero moved towards another adventure
1f642.png
to be continued ...
1f642.png

The Serpent eye was the main symbol for me during making this knife. On the blade, there can be seen eyes changing into the serpents. The stars should represent the Lion pelt. On the handle, there is an engreaving of the Lion facing the Serpent. The runes say something about Serpents eyes, death and fate. Symbols of eyes can be seen on the sheath too.

Well thats basically it and I will see you soon with more knives
1f642.png
thanks Petr
NADIRAX

Blade - multibar twisted damascus steel 1,2842 (O2) + 75ni8 Uddeholm (15N20) , added edge and spine 1,2842 (O2)
Guard - multibar twisted damascus steel 1,2842 (O2) + 75ni8 Uddeholm (15N20),
Handle - carved bone
Average length - 52 cm (approx- 20,5 inches) , blade - 35cm (approx- 13,8 inches).
Blade width at widest point 35 mm (approx 1,4 inches) , blade thickness 5,5 - 4,5 mm (0,217 - 0,177 inch) - distal taper.
A_Nadiarax-1.jpg

A_Nadiarax-2.jpg

A_Nadiarax-3.jpg

A_Nadiarax-4.jpg

A_Nadiarax-5.jpg

A_Nadiarax-6.jpg

A_Nadiarax-7.jpg

A_Nadiarax-8.jpg

A_Nadiarax-9.jpg

A_Nadiarax-10.jpg

Just so much detail in this, it’s a beauty. If I were the head of one of the Scandinavian countries I’d make this part of my official outfit. :)

Red

Thanks you very much guys for a nice comments !! :) I appreciate that !! :) Petr

Dago Red : lol yea .. that would be something !! :D

Dusty one : i will tell my wife you liked it .. thanks :)

Last edited:
Back