Nakago Bottle Opening Friction Folder! Coming Soon

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Here's the new Nakago! Everything you can see is Titanium including anodized pins and screw... the only non Ti parts are the washers and pivot barrel. :cool:

I should have more pics and info tomorrow. www.fairlyknives.com

I've gotta run, I just got out of the shop and it is Jade's first soccer night! :)

Holy smokes, D. I have been looking for that blade shape in a folder for awhile. This is fantastic. Can't wait for these to drop.

Holy smokes, D. I have been looking for that blade shape in a folder for awhile. This is fantastic. Can't wait for these to drop.

Thanks!

It's a great blade shape all around.... general use even tactical but is inspired 100% by the Petty (Japanese Small Chef's knife) blade shape. very useful!

This one should be available tomorrow... and I'll have more in about a week. I've got killer collab coming up before them. :D

Nakago has something to do with what we could call the "tang" of a knife/sword right? Typically in reference to katana's, tanto's and wakazashi's I believe.

That's right! :cool: I noticed that my handle shape on this design looks very much like a traditional nakago shape. I believe the term technically refers to the butt of the tang.

I'll get some comparison pics put up soon.

What's the blade length on that? Overall length?

It's a very nice size to EDC with a 2.5" blade and is just under 6" long open.

It weighs in at an ultralight 2.5 ounces even with the beefy clip and full length backspacer.

I was looking through some archives, and came across this gem from Sloth, which I think applies. He said it best...

^ that shiz is property of DFK forum hoez! Jroc can't even touch that biznitch!

(does anyone even know what that means?!

nice one, didnt get to see price... well someone will be happy I think. ;]

nice one, didnt get to see price... well someone will be happy I think. ;]

Thanks! It went for $325 shipped and faster than I could get to even mention it here. I was hoping to but happily it went to a forum regular, I'm really psyched about that!

I think if you click on an item in my store it will tell you the sold price... at least I hope so. I like to leave the price as a reference to help out.

I'll be doing a sign up or sale here in a week or so. I'll have some available in a more budget friendly stonewashed configuration as well as some one off's.

Back