Name change rip off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polzeyboy

CHEEKY BUGGER
I emailed the forum to ask about a name change - not because I got it wrong but because I'm trying to shake off a persistent stalker. I was told to go to help which I did then was a bit shocked to see I had to pay ten dollars to change it!
After taking a few breaths I changed the name then stumped up the money via Paypal and NOTHING has happened.
I have emailed admin but also asked PayPal to stop the transaction but the money has already left my account.
This is a good forum but I'm getting a little sick of being made to pay for absolutely everything. I want a refund and if necessary, removal of all posts from the forum. I really don't like being ripped off.

I emailed the forum to ask about a name change - not because I got it wrong but because I'm trying to shake off a persistent stalker. I was told to go to help which I did then was a bit shocked to see I had to pay ten dollars to change it!
After taking a few breaths I changed the name then stumped up the money via Paypal and NOTHING has happened.
I have emailed admin but also asked PayPal to stop the transaction but the money has already left my account.
This is a good forum but I'm getting a little sick of being made to pay for absolutely everything. I want a refund and if necessary, removal of all posts from the forum. I really don't like being ripped off.

You were not ripped off. Changing the forum name is not an automated process. Spark has to manually do it.
If you still want to go through with it, add the transaction number and what you would like your name changed to and tag Spark to this thread.

Put whoever is "stalking" you on ignore and then they no longer exist.

Saying you have to pay for absolutely everything on this forum is patently false. The only things that specifically requires a paid membership are the ability to sell and cosmetics like an avatar. Everything else is either available to you at every or there is a workaround ie private messaging and posting pictures.

Last edited:
Well I’ve never had to pay for such a minor adjustment. Surely a well funded forum like this can allow for a change without charging $10.

You also need to pay $10 if you want an avatar; or a signature which you’d load yourself. Never seen that on any forum anywhere.

I totally understand if you want to sell stuff but I don’t; I want to make a very minor profile change and no, hitting ignore will not solve the issue. It’s a serious case that has been going on for over ten years.

I’ll see where I get to with PayPal. I followed the instructions to the letter, paid $10, nothing happened. And that was a few hours ago. That’s $10 for nothing. That’s a rip off.

As I said, minor cosmetics and the ability to sell cost, all the meat and potato features and the vast knowledge is free.

You went to the right place to purchase, yet it is not the instructions. They can be found in the FAQs here https://bladeforums.com/threads/nee...id-memberships-faqs-more.494370/#post-4846488
Hopefully the instructions can be linked on the purchase page so this misunderstanding doesn't happen again or as often.

If you have a stalking case that's been going on for 10 years you need to contact the authorities.

Is this username close to your real name or other names you've used before? If this was a known issue that wouldn't be wise.

As I said, minor cosmetics and the ability to sell cost, all the meat and potato features and the vast knowledge is free.

You went to the right place to purchase, yet it is not the instructions. They can be found in the FAQs here https://bladeforums.com/threads/nee...id-memberships-faqs-more.494370/#post-4846488
Hopefully the instructions can be linked on the purchase page so this misunderstanding doesn't happen again or as often.

If you have a stalking case that's been going on for 10 years you need to contact the authorities.

Is this username close to your real name or other names you've used before? If this was a known issue that wouldn't be wise.

Nope but it’s an old username I’d used; two days later my stalker foe decided to rear his ugly head again.

Okay clearly I shouldn’t have dared to question being charged money for nothing for fear of upsetting the big folding knife boys of this World.
A shame as this forum had been helpful and informative.
I’ll leave it to you tough guys to argue over whose Buck is bigger.

Morons.

Spark Spark

Okay clearly I shouldn’t have dared to question being charged money for nothing for fear of upsetting the big folding knife boys of this World.

Morons.

Dude, you could have gone about this in such a better way... o_O Kevin will eventually be along to decide your fate.

As noted above, it takes capital and time to manage this "free" site. It's your choice if you pay or if you don't want to.

If you believe your money and time is worth more elsewhere, why not leave the big stink behind and move on?

Or use $10 to change your name, if this sight is valuable enough to you.

This guy is a complete ass. He put in his username change at 9:09 AM EST, upload_2020-1-28_12-42-28.png

then sent an email demanding to know why it wasn't immediately changed at 9:12

upload_2020-1-28_12-43-37.png

Then disputed the transaction less than 9 minutes later.

At this point I think it's less that Matthew Sutherland has a "stalker" and more that he's an asshole who thinks the world exists to cater to him.

Don't consider this goodbye, Matthew Sutherland. Treat this like an opportunity to go explore the wide world outside BladeForums that has yet to be graced by your unique viewpoint.

This guy is a complete ass. He put in his username change at 9:09 AM EST, View attachment 1273883

then sent an email demanding to know why it wasn't immediately changed at 9:12

View attachment 1273885

Then disputed the transaction less than 9 minutes later.

At this point I think it's less that Matthew Sutherland has a "stalker" and more that he's an asshole who thinks the world exists to cater to him.

Don't consider this goodbye, Matthew Sutherland. Treat this like an opportunity to go explore the wide world outside BladeForums that has yet to be graced by your unique viewpoint.

If anybody ever needed proof that Kevin is the man, allow me to present exhibit 120417A. :D

Well done! :thumbsup:

Morons.

You were charged for a service, a service that must be performed manually. After being told that it is not instant you still choose to live on the hill of being ripped off. You are entitled to that ignorance I suppose.

Nope but it’s an old username I’d used; two days later my stalker foe decided to rear his ugly head again.

So some stalker found you because you used an old username on some random internet forum? Did they forget that you existed?

I'll believe that when my shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

Could have sworn it said 48-72 seconds:rolleyes:

View attachment 1273899

Even without reading the instructions in the FAQs that time frame is pretty darn clear that it won't happen in minutes.

Spark Spark would it be possible to include or link to the instructions that are located n the FAQs on the page where you pay? The payment page gives you the timeframe but nothing else and it's not uncommon for folks to be a bit lost on how to proceed.

https://bladeforums.com/threads/nee...id-memberships-faqs-more.494370/#post-4846488

For someone worried about his personal security he's quite bad at it.

The first search result for his user name gives you a picture of what I'm presuming is him. And to some terrible music of what I'm guessing is his band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back