Name me some VG-10 blades!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Kamoe, Apr 23, 2015.

1. hank_rearden

hank_rearden

Jun 7, 2002
    delica and stretch are great but now my preference is shifting from spine locks to liners. the starmate.

2. Inazone

Inazone

Aug 27, 2012
    Another vote for the Kershaw Lahar, here. It's really a fantastic knife. A couple have turned up in the Exchange recently, so the discontinued status shouldn't be a huge setback.

3. Ralph Merlino

Ralph Merlino

Dec 26, 2004
    The Kershaw Lahar is my choice. I have three of them.
    One of the best knives for the money.

4. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    Lots of the Spyderco models... Delica, Endura, Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Dragonfly, Ladybug, Manbug, Stretch, Centofante, Police, Starmate, Tatanka, Worker, Superleaf

5. TennToadsticker

TennToadsticker

Jan 5, 2011
    Caly 3.5 in VG-10 knocked Stretch out of my pocket.

6. Zizworth

Zizworth

Jun 4, 2012
    Boker Urban Trapper

7. JarrodS

JarrodS

Jul 28, 2014
  8. senoBDEC

senoBDEC

Mar 13, 2005
    Spyderco Centofante, Lum Chinese (incidentally a small Lum and Large are available), Starmate. Hard to beat the Caly 3.5, lot of blade in a tiny ergonomic handle.

Mcusta and related Seki City knives are pretty nice, often have laminated Vg-10 blades. Liner lock tends to be a bit lighter-duty.

I personally disliked how fragile the Boker Exskellibur liner-lock felt but YMMV.

9. PiercedBill

PiercedBill Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2014
    The Al Mar SERE 2000 has a VG-10 blade.
    Mine came nicely sharp, all I've done so far is to strop it, the strop loaded with white compound, it's almost 2 weeks old, and gets used everyday :)

10. mikenieborg35

mikenieborg35

Apr 22, 2015
    I own a Mcusta Yoroi, VG10 with a San Mai core, came literally shaving sharp out of the box and is very very very easy to maintain a good edge. Only downside is that it might be too beautiful to EDC

11. crom

crom

Mar 29, 2007
    Yeah one of these days I'm going to pull the trigger on one of the smaller models that still offers a clip. Gorgeous knives with high quality build.

12. mikenieborg35

mikenieborg35

Apr 22, 2015
    MCusta is very underrated imo, the craftsmanship is amazing on those things. They should get way more recognition

13. jprime84

jprime84 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2014
    VG-10 shows up a lot :)

[​IMG]

14. Jens Schuetz

Jens Schuetz

Jun 24, 2013
    Not yet :D
    Once he sees what a nice steel it is he might want some kitchen knives in VG10 as well.

15. KenHash

KenHash

Sep 11, 2014

Good point.

16. pbcg

pbcg

Oct 20, 2009
    My favorite VG-10 blade knives are the SOG Vulcan and Elite series. The Pentagon Elite II and Spec Elite are pretty great knives. Plus you get the Arc lock, all the Arc lock models I've either owned or tried have been super smooth.