Name me some VG-10 blades!

delica and stretch are great but now my preference is shifting from spine locks to liners. the starmate.

Another vote for the Kershaw Lahar, here. It's really a fantastic knife. A couple have turned up in the Exchange recently, so the discontinued status shouldn't be a huge setback.

Lots of the Spyderco models... Delica, Endura, Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Dragonfly, Ladybug, Manbug, Stretch, Centofante, Police, Starmate, Tatanka, Worker, Superleaf

Spyderco Centofante, Lum Chinese (incidentally a small Lum and Large are available), Starmate. Hard to beat the Caly 3.5, lot of blade in a tiny ergonomic handle.

Mcusta and related Seki City knives are pretty nice, often have laminated Vg-10 blades. Liner lock tends to be a bit lighter-duty.

I personally disliked how fragile the Boker Exskellibur liner-lock felt but YMMV.

The Al Mar SERE 2000 has a VG-10 blade.
Mine came nicely sharp, all I've done so far is to strop it, the strop loaded with white compound, it's almost 2 weeks old, and gets used everyday :)

Mcusta, edit to add my only experience is handling my co-workers scalpel sharp gentlemans edc type in cocobolo. My experience with VG10 mostly comes from my Lahar which I carried exclusively for 2 years and still carry from time to time. Easy to get sharp and keep that way, pretty forgiving, never had any damage that wasn't easy to repair, no chips etc.
I own a Mcusta Yoroi, VG10 with a San Mai core, came literally shaving sharp out of the box and is very very very easy to maintain a good edge. Only downside is that it might be too beautiful to EDC

I own a Mcusta Yoroi, VG10 with a San Mai core, came literally shaving sharp out of the box and is very very very easy to maintain a good edge. Only downside is that it might be too beautiful to EDC

Yeah one of these days I'm going to pull the trigger on one of the smaller models that still offers a clip. Gorgeous knives with high quality build.

Yeah one of these days I'm going to pull the trigger on one of the smaller models that still offers a clip. Gorgeous knives with high quality build.
MCusta is very underrated imo, the craftsmanship is amazing on those things. They should get way more recognition

Yes, VG10 is widely used in Japanese cooking knives. But the OP's reference to Delica and Endura kind of suggested
that he wasn't talking about cooking knives.
Not yet :D
Once he sees what a nice steel it is he might want some kitchen knives in VG10 as well.

My favorite VG-10 blade knives are the SOG Vulcan and Elite series. The Pentagon Elite II and Spec Elite are pretty great knives. Plus you get the Arc lock, all the Arc lock models I've either owned or tried have been super smooth.

Back