Name The New PM3

PM G2
Ex-Military
Officer
Commander

Those that shoot probably understand the Colt-turned-generic 1911 nomenclature. Government (full size 5"), Commander (compact 4"-4.25"), and Officer (subcompact 3"-3.5"). I know there frame sizes that really make up the size differential, but the barrel/slide lengths usual land on the appropriate frame for size and function.

Para-Ministry :D

Last edited:
I'm fine with PM3.
It tells me that it's a derivative of the PM series and that it's the 3rd or 3 inch version.

It's a great opportunity like the Iphone 3 and 4 had when they rolled out with 3G and 4G signals. Other than that I'm fine with losing the 'military' affiliation all together.

PM G2
Ex-Military
Officer
Commander

Those that shoot probably understand the Colt-turned-generic 1911 nomenclature. Government (full size 5"), Commander (compact 4"-4.25"), and Officer (subcompact 3"-3.5"). I know there frame sizes that really make up the size differential, but the barrel/slide lengths usual land on the appropriate frame for size and function.

That's what I was thinking when I suggested Commander & Officer earlier. I was thinking the same with "Scout". Scout rifles are typically carbine versions of longer rifles. There are other features that distinguish a Scout rifle from other models too.

From what I seen at the Shot Show, its para perfect. But I think the PATRIOT has a ring to it.

I'm fine with PM3.
It tells me that it's a derivative of the PM series and that it's the 3rd or 3 inch version.

It's a great opportunity like the Iphone 3 and 4 had when they rolled out with 3G and 4G signals. Other than that I'm fine with losing the 'military' affiliation all together.

I think this is the wisest choice so far. Everything else worthy is already taken, or doesn't speak to the same character already established by the "Military line."

Now that you mention it Doc, you are quite right! (what was I thinking :dejection:)

Back