Name The New PM3

Glimmer

As in Glimmer Man from the Steven Seagal movie.

Something about : They called him The Glimmer Man.

Why'd they call him that ? Because just before you died all you saw was a glimmer.

Oh I've seen it. I made a trip to Golden almost a year ago and was fortunate enough to get to meet and talk with Sal. Mid-conversation he pulled that little para-midget out of his pocket and said, "So what do you think of this?". :eek:

Boom! There it is, the ParaMidget.

To follow the entomology theme Spyderco often uses but with a somewhat similar name to the Para Military and Para Military 2, could call it the Para Mite.

Pictures I think would go a long way for inspiration to come up with a new name.

If you like chemistry then maybe it should be called MetaMilitary or OrthaMilitary. That is if you want to keep all the names connected as it should be since they are all a part of the same family.

Or just follow the current Spyderco trend and call it a Lil' PM2

Though I doubt they'd allow it, I would be in favor of creating a name to honor the expert design dedication of the two that brought us this evolution and call it the Saleric.

I think the natural progression would be Military > Paramilitary > Guerrilla. Militia doesn't make as much sense as the pattern is in "legitimacy" rather than "level of training".

I like Lil' PM2 since it seems to just be a mini version.

I think the natural progression would be Military > Paramilitary > Guerrilla. Militia doesn't make as much sense as the pattern is in "legitimacy" rather than "level of training".

I like Lil' PM2 since it seems to just be a mini version.

Guerrilla is good.

I'm going to suggest a completely different thought.

How would be the ideal target user for the police model? The police. There are clearly many other people who can use it but it gives a sense of the target user and intent of the knife. The Military is aimed at military personal. The PM2 is not for active combat but could be used if needed by para military personnel.

Who is the PM3 aimed at? Anyone and everyone so how about NE1 (read as en-ee-1 or anyone). We all use PM2 more often than not anyway so NE1 fits with the line. I'm sure given a little thinking, we can come up with a more clever name that gets abbreviated NE1 if they don't just want a model # such as Nicely Effective 1 or Natural Expert 1 (these are both unacceptable but you get the idea).

I don't like insurgent. Too much talk of all that crap in the news, I don't want to constantly Clallam my knife that. Plus if someone over hears you talking like that and holding a knife they may get the wrong idea and call the police. The world has become filled with scared people. Don't need that headache

I don't like insurgent. Too much talk of all that crap in the news, I don't want to constantly Clallam my knife that. Plus if someone over hears you talking like that and holding a knife they may get the wrong idea and call the police. The world has become filled with scared people. Don't need that headache

Sheeple will always be Sheeple though. Spyderco Restrained and Justifiable Force doesn't roll off the tongue like Spyderco Insurgent. I know it's overused but the name Infidel gets my juices flowing, too. Too bad it's already taken.

I'm going to suggest a completely different thought.

How would be the ideal target user for the police model? The police. There are clearly many other people who can use it but it gives a sense of the target user and intent of the knife. The Military is aimed at military personal. The PM2 is not for active combat but could be used if needed by para military personnel.

Who is the PM3 aimed at? Anyone and everyone so how about NE1 (read as en-ee-1 or anyone). We all use PM2 more often than not anyway so NE1 fits with the line. I'm sure given a little thinking, we can come up with a more clever name that gets abbreviated NE1 if they don't just want a model # such as Nicely Effective 1 or Natural Expert 1 (these are both unacceptable but you get the idea).

I love this. The "tacticool" military naming scheme has never appealed, and this is a nice alternative. :)

Back