Pollywog
WOG
The Chief
The Master Chief
Yardarm
Bullnose
OOD (Officer Of the Deck)

Just some Ideas.

Now that I think of it, I think "The Chief" would make the best name for it.
Easiest way to get anything done on a ship is "Ask the Chief".

Trident
Special Operator
The Operator
Operator
Operators Can Opener
Special "Force"
FORCE
Axe-treme Ops
Perfect Storm
Halsey's Corkscrew
Nimitz Nutcracker
The Halsey
The Nimitz
First Mate

I'll keep thinking.

Last edited:
Commandeer
The Liberator
Liberty
The Hatch
Torpedo
Depth Charge
Destroyer
Atlantis
Poseidon
Tsunami

Last edited:
Trident
Special Operator
The Operator
Operator
Operators Can Opener
Special "Force"
FORCE
Axe-treme Ops
Perfect Storm
Halsey's Corkscrew
Nimitz Nutcracker
The Halsey
The Nimitz
First Mate

I'll keep thinking.
ROFL!!
Nimitz Nutcraker
That is great!!!
Man, my dad LOVED Adml. Nimitz
He would sit and tell me stories of the U.S.S. New Jersey firing her big guns when I was about 8 yrs old
And he would tell me how Adml. Nimitz was a GREAT man
I guess an old sailors love for his commander never dies
Any word when the final name will be announced? :)

welp, ...as a former mo-reen AND a former sailor, ...that head looks like something that should be called the "Shore Leave 1" - no one would argue with ya if ya had that in your hands and wanted to go on Liberty, sez i ...har...!

....maybe the name ain't for every buddy, ...but the axe is sure nice - sharp work, mates.

vec

Let me steal from Vector001 here. How about calling it The Liberty Hawk?

Liberty Hawk? Has a ring to it IMHO. :)

Oh, and brand the EGA on that bad boy!:D

I have to say I'm likin' the Master Chief for the Naval version and the Gunny for the Marine version.

The Naval version has the US Navy seal and the Marine Corps version has the Marine Corp seal that has the EGA

Right now I have a special offer on the prototype model. It is a one of a kind, it has two sheaths, one plain and one black with inlaid snakeskin. You have your choice of US Navy or US Marines handle - engraved on one side (the handles are already finished) so all you have to do is pick one. It's $185 plus $15 shipping and you can call me at 253/884-1025 to place the order.

Otherwise we won't have any available until after the first of the year. The regular ones will be $165.00 and you'll have your choice of handle.

Attachments

• HPIM1213.jpg
    HPIM1213.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 88
  • HPIM1214.jpg
    HPIM1214.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 56
naval_axe.jpg

Here is the actual image of the boarding axe in question. We also have a USMC seal engraved on another handle, so it can be swapped out.

As for naming, I really liked what MattM came up with on James/Killen/Laws, I'll be doing a bit of research on these and other names during those periods. We do like the names Master Chief and Gunny, but we'll hold off naming anything till more research is done. We wanted to honor those men in the U.S. Navy and Marine Corp, not just the U.S. Army, and that's what we will do with this project.

Back