Nano Fusion Badger Attack Coming This Wednesday, March 20, 2019. . . 9:00 pm Eastern

Full flat grind over that nice wide blade on the badger attack will prove to be a very slicey little beast!

Even at .350 my HOG B8s are incredibly slicey for their size. FFG'll do that for you!

Full flat grind over that nice wide blade on the badger attack will prove to be a very slicey little beast!

Even at .350 my HOG B8s are incredibly slicey for their size. FFG'll do that for you!
This is kind of what I'm thinking so much that I'm ready to throw into the wind. I have a bunch of .210 blades but all saber grind and CBT with only the HOG B8 a FFG - I think the FFG will really move the weight around a bit and I like the size! I don't know what else in 8" would get me too excited at the moment.

Is the blade on this one a little less tall than on the BATAC? I like it -- looks more like the compact badgers of old (at least in terms of the blade shape). Would sure like to try that NF handle first though ... and the NFNO will not likely make it to me before Wednesday.
I have a question about the blade as well. Does the spine not bend down toward the point as shown in Jaxx's photo? I can't tell from the pictures above.

I love the Nano handles! So I’m going Nuclear on this one! Can’t wait! :thumbsup:

I have a question about the blade as well. Does the spine not bend down toward the point as shown in Jaxx's photo? I can't tell from the pictures above.
Look closely at the satin finished NFBA with the black handle (on your computer screen try holding something with a straight edge above the knife's spine) - there appears to be a slight, gradual drop point but not as much as on the BATAC in Jaxx's photo.

That is a good looking blade. A minor quibble would be for a little more drop on the point. Full height flat grind is always a good thing. And that swedge looks wonderful.

Having said all that, I'll be taking a pass on this one. Too fat for my taste. 3/16" or less would have been quite tempting.

YOWZA!!! :eek:

My poker cards measure approx. .011" thick. :thumbsup:

Don't let the thickness of only 2 poker cards keep you from the eternal happiness of a Nano Badger.:eek::eek:

Let's Drink! :cool:

Jerry :D

Thinking about the old ABA, maybe there will be an Anorexic NFBA later??

Nice, looks like Snakeskin!

If you have it nearby, would love to know the height of the BATAC's blade. It sounds like the new NF version is about 1 5/8" tall.
Mine is 1 17/32" but it was reground by Nor Cal Blacktail so it probably started at 1 5/8. I just traded an original BATAC to Jeff Dickinson who's a member on here so I will ask him to measure it.

Looks like Black Canvas Micarta to me but Ron (peteytwopointone) would be the expert on that handle material. :cool::thumbsup::D
I'd go with that but yeah, it sure looks like a lot of white in it- I dig the hell out of that color- but it's canvas for me all the way regardless, I just love the feel of it anymore- maybe not the prettiest but I gave up on primping long ago :D

That nuclear one looks sweet! Black and tan has always been my favorite two-tone handle color.

I haven't received the NFNO I ordered yet. I was hoping to have it to help me decide on this offering. I ordered the satin with the smooth maroon canvas NFNO.

About this blade (NFBA); It looks really good, but I generally prefer straighter handles on shorter blades. I don't think there will be much difference in slicing capability between .210 and 3/16 with a FFG, they will be about the same. I actually prefer a slightly thicker spine anyway. I'm happy there is no big finger choil on this short knife. Price is right. Style is awesome classic Busse.

If I order the NFBA it will be DC with black canvas or sage coated with tan canvas. Probably the former. Hard to pass up these beauties.

Back