NASA Bushcraft; thoughts on design

Wouldn't black canvas micarta reduce the price and be just as durable while providing better grip when wet?

Looking forward to pictures, but I'll probably not buy one (I'm pretty satisfied with my customs, still only do Spyderco for folders though;) )

+1 on the micarta handle instead of 3D carbon if this brings the price significantly down. However, if the carbon is what makes it "NASA" model I would be happy to buy one with carbon handle as long it is grippy.

Carbon is certainly as "grippy" as the G-10 on the original, and it's far more stable than micarta.

sal.

I love the exotic variety on my knives! It is not all about the lowest price material or quality standards. Especially for us BF members who revel in this stuff. If it is worth it to the individual they will buy it. If not they won't.

I have seen pictures...:D. It looks VERY COOL!

When the concept was first discussed I had envisioned that it would have a short fiber reinforced moulded handle with the carbon just holding the plastic together and reducing weight. Looking a lot like the Moran hunters. Functional, but far from sexy. What we have got is WAY cooler and much better looking...and is bound to cost that bit more. The pictures looked like this could be something different from the norm and a bit special.

..think it has a name too, at least, there is a name in the frame, so if that works out we'll soon be able to stop calling it the NASA Bushcraft.

I have seen pictures...:D. It looks VERY COOL!

When the concept was first discussed I had envisioned that it would have a short fiber reinforced moulded handle with the carbon just holding the plastic together and reducing weight. Looking a lot like the Moran hunters. Functional, but far from sexy. What we have got is WAY cooler and much better looking...and is bound to cost that bit more. The pictures looked like this could be something different from the norm and a bit special.

..think it has a name too, at least, there is a name in the frame, so if that works out we'll soon be able to stop calling it the NASA Bushcraft.

We would all love to see pictures too!!! :D:D

Chris designed a beautiful blade. The maker did a beautiful job. SheathPro is scratching their heads on Chris' sheath design, also very nice.

Should have pics from Wouter in March.

The knive will be called "Endeavor".

sal

No need for too much head scratching on the sheath. I thought it would be nice to have ambidextrous, multi position and cleanable, but didn't mean for the suggestions to give anyone brain ache!

I have been wondering about this knife! Glad its coming along nicely. Looking forward to seeing it!

Chris designed a beautiful blade. The maker did a beautiful job. SheathPro is scratching their heads on Chris' sheath design, also very nice.

Should have pics from Wouter in March.

The knive will be called "Endeavor".

sal

I would be remiss if I did not ask for a mid-winter update on the "Endeavor". Any new word that you are willing to share with us Sal?
Thanks,
Dave

Awesome! Thanks Sal!

I don't care if it's expensive, I've still got it on my "to buy" list. Right there next to the Southfork, Szabohawk, and Aqua-Salt.

Very excited for the meet anyways, but more so now that I know The Endeavor will be there.

I see s90v it is. I would've liked to see m4 or m390 used if either would be more affordable. With that being said, I'm a sucker for anything space or flight related so I'm 99.9% sure that I'll get one.

Last edited:
I too am "David" waiting to see it but they are referring to the "meet" in Amsterdam in March, yet to come. I don't know if I will be able to afford one right now but I am very excited about this collaboration.

Now that we have a picture thanks to Mr. Blonde, I wanted to post it to this thread, just to keep it all together.
Also, I hope that Sal can give us some idea when it may be available for purchase! :)

Good Morning Sal -
Any word on when this one may be available? :)
This one really excites me!
Thanks,
Dave

Back