NASA Bushcraft; thoughts on design

Its just been pointed out that Buck already do an Endeavor, so that name is taken and another is needed.

I put forward Endeavour, which is the British spelling, as it was the name of one of the Space Shuttles and seemed well related to the Tenacious name range, as well as being related to how great adventures might be described. Took a LOT of thought to come to that one. Dang. :mad: Should have searched for the US spelling + "knife", rather than just the way I was spelling it.

Buck also have Odyssey, and Cold Steel have Voyager. Pickings are getting thin for finding one word that ties both terrestrial adventure, travel or expedition with something space related to give a nod to our early short-hand talking about a "NASA Bushcraft".

Hi Chris,

Names are always a real headache. We go through this often. We also have two other new models of which we have to change the name.

We can't use the name NASA Bushcraft, there is a small organization in the US that is already using the name NASA and they might object.

sal

How about Apollo after the NASA lunar landing missions. Can't get much more cutting edge than that.

What about Terra Bushcrafter? It links in with the Earth and seems appropriate somehow. Especially since Earth is written on Golden made knives already and with the NASA connection. Spectacular views of Earth are seen from space. It ties in too with the very practical, Earth focused pastime of bushcraft.

Last edited:
I had to bump this to the top!

It now has a name!!!!!!!

PROFICIENT LIGHTWEIGHT ™
Designed by Chris Claycomb of Bushcraft UK, the Proficient
is a high-tech expression of classic bushcraft knife design.
Instead of traditional carbon steel and a Scandi grind, it features
vanadium-rich CPM S90V stainless steel and a full-flat grind for
superior cutting performance and edge retention. The scales
of its full-tang handle are painstakingly machined from solid
carbon fiber and thoughtfully contoured to ensure comfort
during prolonged use. This state-of-the-art outdoor tool comes
complete with a premium leather sheath for convenient,
comfortable belt carry

I cannot wait to get mine!!!! The wait is almost over!!! Woo-Hoo

Sal -
Can you give us an ETA on this one? Will it be a sprint run, or regular production?
Thanks,
Dave

Also, I forgot, what does the sheath look like? We would love to see it.
:)

Last edited:
Back