Natchez bowie leather sheath

JTC

My son recently got a Cold Steel Natchez Bowie. The secure-ex sheath, while nice, seemed out of place with the style of knife that it is. We approached a local craftsmen and he made us a sheath that we think fits it a lot better. Here are some pictures of it. What do you guys think? Thanks for lookin!

Love to have one like it! I love my Natchez, but hate the secure-ex sheath.

I hear ya, we just went to the local shoe store that sells Redwing boots, cowboy boots and some leather stuff for horses and cowboys and showed him a picture of what we wanted. That was on Saturday and it was done on Tuesday and only cost $45.
We're thrilled with it.

Great looking sheath, and I'm with ya-a Bowie MUST be in a leather sheath NO EXCEPTIONS!

I hear ya, we just went to the local shoe store that sells Redwing boots, cowboy boots and some leather stuff for horses and cowboys and showed him a picture of what we wanted. That was on Saturday and it was done on Tuesday and only cost $45.
We're thrilled with it.

Wow, that's a steal. Where are you located? I wonder if he'd make me one and ship it to Boise (I'd pay the shipping, naturally)

Wow, that's a steal. Where are you located? I wonder if he'd make me one and ship it to Boise (I'd pay the shipping, naturally)

It's Bobs shoe service in Cape girardeau,MO. Dave is the gentleman there that made it. He's great to deal with.

Just google bobs shoe service in cape girardeau and it will give you his website.
Good luck!

WELL SHUCKS...my NATCHEZ came with an excellent leather sheath of very high quality. When did the factory drop that ?

You have the San Mai Natchez I am assuming.

That was my intended reply as well. Mine is SK5 and came with the crappy secure-ex sheath. Don't know what they're thinking. The Natchez is not really a field knife. I bought the Laredo at the same time, and it came with a nice saddle colored, heavy duty, leather sheath, with belt stud.

My son recently got a Cold Steel Natchez Bowie. The secure-ex sheath, while nice, seemed out of place with the style of knife that it is. We approached a local craftsmen and he made us a sheath that we think fits it a lot better. Here are some pictures of it. What do you guys think? Thanks for lookin!

Very well done! What was the cost? Who did the work? Weight?

I had a custom leather sheat made for my lardeo bowie...word of advice...do this before you start using the sheat that originally comes with it. cause it made schratches all along the blade. the plastic insert is a real mistake imo...a san mai Laredo wich i paid a lot for...has scratches now while i never used it. ( only took it in and out maybe three times before i noticed what happened.

a knife in this price range should come with a decent sheat

Back