Natchez Bowie

I'd like to preface this by saying that I'm not asking for any one to give me something.

This is a little unorthodox but I figured it would be easier than organizing a pass around.

I was wondering if there was someone with a cold steel Natchez bowie that would feel comfortable letting me rent it from them for like 5 days. I'm considering buying one but I'd like to handle it first, and since there are no knife stores within a reasonable distance of me this is probably the only way to do it.

I have good feed back (link below) and a few people who can speak for me. I could possibly send a knife of my own as collateral.

I don't intend to do anything with the knife accept admire it over the carpet. And of course I'm willing to pay for the knife should any harm befall it while its in my custody.

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/sh...highlight=uz4u

so if there is anyone who is interested in this proposition, please shoot me an email and we can discuss the finer details. brentuz4u@yahoo.com

thanx BF

Just my 2 cents, but if I was going to spend $400 bucks on a Bowie I think I would look at some custom made knives. You can get a handmade Steve Voohris stag bowie like the one below for just a few dollars more ($445) than the Cold Steel Natchez.

http://www.treemanknives.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jpdnerjng

dsc01577e427-3.jpg

dsc01578e427-4.jpg

dsc01580e427-6.jpg

yeah, the SK-5 Natchez. the carbon steel makes more sense too, but the sheath on that thing sucks, i want the leather one

hhmmmmmm, that is a sexy voorhis ..

Yeah the Natchez is one sweet bowie, sadly it really doesn't have much competition in its price range. All the similarly priced custom bowies that size (though they are nice enough), still do not appeal to me nearly as much as the Natchez.

Just a thought, your "renting" idea is an interesting one, if you have the money for one maybe someone would be more willing to "rent" their Natchez to you if you agreed to give them full price for it up front, then have them agree to refund you X-amount of the money when the knife is returned.

.....By the way, I may have to pick up one of those SK-5 versions when it comes out! ....I wonder how much it will sell for?

Yeah the Natchez is one sweet bowie, sadly it really doesn't have much competition in its price range. All the similarly priced custom bowies that size (though they are nice enough), still do not appeal to me nearly as much as the Natchez.

Just a thought, your "renting" idea is an interesting one, if you have the money for one maybe someone would be more willing to "rent" their Natchez to you if you agreed to give them full price for it up front, then have them agree to refund you X-amount of the money when the knife is returned.

.....By the way, I may have to pick up one of those SK-5 versions when it comes out! ....I wonder how much it will sell for?

I found it on a couple sites, listed as Out of Stock for like $160, same prices as the SK-5 Laredo. Not a bad price, but you'd have to get a custom sheath, the one that comes with it..:barf:

Back