Native 5 salt, bladeplay

Posted this in the General, but I thought I should post it here to, things seem to drown in the General.. :rolleyes:

I notet some bladeplay on my Native salt once I got it. Tried to tighten the pivot but even tightening the two screws snug there was still play.

At first I thought that the lock bar was to wide so that I could not tighten the pivot cause the lockbar was to thick. Sanded it down, no go..

Then I had a look on the pivot bushing, turns out the shoulders of the bushing is thicker than the blade thickness. So that was what created the play.

I grinded down the shoulder(the non hex side) of the bushing 0,3 mm(I think I don't remember now) and remounted the knife. Now the pivot was fully adjustable. Found the sweetspot and loctited it.

If anyone have the same problem I can guide you through it, only thing you need is a drill, a small file which is flat and calipers.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

:cool:

BTW the Native is the fastest and most easy knife I have ever disassembled/put together.

It is literary done i seconds!

I recently had to send mine back because the screws holding the frncp scales together had completely stripped from the housing.....hope my new replacement is trouble free

Back