Native 5 - Smooth G10 & Cruwear?

BMCGear

Gold Member
I've come across this sprint recently and I'm considering it. I did a search but I'm not seeing anything about the knife on the forum.

Has anyone got one yet? Post some pics and thoughts if you do?

Thanks!

I bought the Manix 2 version and love it. I didnt know there was a Native version. Thanks. I just ordered it. I'll let you know how it is when it arrives.

I’ve got one and I love it! I have the smooth green/S90V version as well. I’m a big fan of the linerless smooth G10 KC Natives! In typical Golden, CO fashion, F&F is great, nice action, locks up like a vault, and of course...Cruwear!

Thanks for the heads up, I would have missed it. There have been rumblings over the years for a cruwear Native I guess it’s finally here. When was the release? Native sprints usually don’t get the attention the other flagships do but this release was totally under my radar.

If I still have a job and a house after the hurricane passes. And they are still in stock. I'll grab one.

I received the Native. It is outstanding. What a great knife. quick pic with the Manix.
DETCabhh.jpg

Smooth G10 looks awesome. Love the Native, so that is definitely going on the "want" list.

WJR

I don't mind the smooth G10. I do mind the lack of liners in a Cruwear knife though. So mine became this:

i-68xPqHN-X3.jpg

Now I also have an S35vn smooth black G10 linerless Native 5 for daughter #1. Daughter #2 already carries a yellow LC200N one.

:)

My idea of the perfect Native 5 is just about complete. :D

Cruwear blade, steel liners, and african blackwood scales. Now I just have to decide on a clip. Right now I'm thinking of getting one of those gorgeous creations by Josh of Razor Edge Knives.

cQbMChD.jpg

d8t3Fd4.jpg

n07BBKa.jpg

wPNZ03M.jpg

jefJaqr.jpg

d3Ywiq5.jpg

The perfect Native would be one with a Cruwear blade, and Micarta scales on the linered model. I'm thinking with the success of the Shaman this should be inevitable as smaller companion blade. I'm voting for OD Green Micarta to match the OD Green Micarta Cruwear Shaman Sal mentioned will likely be happening.

Here we are in December and I've recently fallen in love with carbon and tool steels again thanks to my latest kitchen cutlery.

I ended up picking a K390 PM2 up and saw this Native was somehow still in stock. Shocking but I was glad. I don't know that a knife this size really benefits from a tough high performing tool steel but it's a great way to check out the steel.

Thanks to those that contributed to the thread. 5 months later I pulled the trigger.

Sigh... I was doing so well. Have and love their Para 3 version, so finally pulled the trigger on this one today.

It’s a great example of the native. I’ve been carrying mine just about non stop since it arrived. Another sleeper model for me.

I got mine in. I'm not sure how I feel about the G10. Otherwise it's excellent.

I got mine thinking it would be a nice little gentlemanly toughguy. I don't typically care for G10, especially textured. I liked the smooth matte black more than usual, but I thought that it could be more.

So, I buffed it to a polish. Now it looks pretty sharp and handsome. I love that they put a Cruwear blade in this knife. I ordered some black screws and a black clip for it, will update when those arrive.

49358895932_4918332127_b.jpg

Back