Natrix vs matrix the 0777 quagmire

Wow I just bought a Microtech SBK. I kind of regret it now.

They still make great knives. I appreciate the noble sentiment but if you scratch through the surface of most knife companies you will find something that conflicts with your good senses. I know if I only purchased knives from companies that I am 100% satisfied with their actions over the years I would likely not own any knives. And I wouldn't even be able to make one because I don't always agree with my decisions. IMHO a great product is a great product no matter what flaws the maker might have.

They still make great knives. I appreciate the noble sentiment but if you scratch through the surface of most knife companies you will find something that conflicts with your good senses. I know if I only purchased knives from companies that I am 100% satisfied with their actions over the years I would likely not own any knives. And I wouldn't even be able to make one because I don't always agree with my decisions. IMHO a great product is a great product no matter what flaws the maker might have.

Yeah I generally agree. I just haven't had my impression go from amazing (I love the Microtech SBK) to not that great so fast haha.

This is a great point. In my reviews I make sure to note controversial stuff and then move on. The transgressions of the maker have to be pretty bad for me to avoid them entirely. I reviewed the UTX-75 and I found it quite fun. Its like politics, if you are waiting for a candidate to agree with 100% of the time--congrats you are running for office.

I'm in for a few Natrix as a show of support!

Here's the Kershaw Natrix description:

"Where have I seen that profile before? That’s right. The new Kershaw Natrix is based on brother brand Zero Tolerance’s 0770, which itself was inspired by the award-winning ZT 0777. The design has—apparently—been the envy of certain other knifemakers. And now we’re taking it back.

Now the next time you see this famous knife profile, it will be from a manufacturer that has a right to the design: us."​

I'm curious. Where exactly was that Anthony L. Marfione quote saying: "Yea we have a new version of the Natrix coming out ... it's called Blow me!" posted?

This is a great point. In my reviews I make sure to note controversial stuff and then move on. The transgressions of the maker have to be pretty bad for me to avoid them entirely. I reviewed the UTX-75 and I found it quite fun. Its like politics, if you are waiting for a candidate to agree with 100% of the time--congrats you are running for office.

Interesting point, bro, but acting a Giant Douche like that is a lot different from using imported pivot steel. One can be an ingenious designer but flush it all away by being a turd sandwich. This is a complete win for KAI and Marfione woulda been better served to have laughed this off like the rest of us.

AND, if you're gonna be a whiney arse, at least be witty with your whining. "Blow Me" gets a 1/10 from all judges (except the Russian team; they want to meet him behind the stadium). I'm not an influential knife reviewer but I do have 110% influence over my knife dollars and I'll never buy one from a wad like that.

I'm curious. Where exactly was that Anthony L. Marfione quote saying: "Yea we have a new version of the Natrix coming out ... it's called Blow me!" posted?

Wow, I usually check sources but if I'm wrong on this, I guess I'm the Giant Douche...

Wow, I usually check sources but if I'm wrong on this, I guess I'm the Giant Douche...

I can't find such post on Instagram under @anthonymarfione or @microtechknives as of now.

I did find pictures of Marfione's recent Super Matrix/R (first two pictures below)!with a floating CF in the blade just like ZT 0999 (last picture below).

15802081_2344713369002695_6700629133333889024_n.jpg

15803168_368652023504403_4780658565952045056_n.jpg

0999_profile_le_1020x400__510x200.png

Last edited:
I can't find such post on Instagram under @anthonymarfione or @microtechknives as of now.

I did find pictures of some of Marfione's folders with a floating CF in the blade just like ZT 0999!

the quote was from somewhere on Facebook. i found the screenshot on instagram from someone I follow, its legit. whether or not tony deleted his comment or not i dunno, I don't use Facebook anymore.

did you also see the strider he also copied for his own? but yea that 999 he copied was lul too. guy has zero original design talent, but he sure can make a pretty knife.

the quote was from somewhere on Facebook. i found the screenshot on instagram from someone I follow, its legit. whether or not tony deleted his comment or not i dunno, I don't use Facebook anymore.

did you also see the strider he also copied for his own? but yea that 999 he copied was lul too. guy has zero original design talent, but he sure can make a pretty knife.

I checked Facebook and the avatar for the Anthony L. Marfione account on FB and post 1 of this thread look the same. However, that FB post is no longer there.

I checked Facebook and the avatar for the Anthony L. Marfione account on FB and post 1 of this thread look the same. However, that FB post is no longer there.

it very well could be anywhere on fb. doesn't mean its on his wall. it appears to be a reply in a convo, not a post. you won't likely find it if he didn't delete it and it may be on a friends post that is not public.

Microtech has some nice looking knives, but the proprietary hardware, poor customer service, and shenanigans such as this makes them hard to swallow. It surprises me that they stay in business.

Good thing their gun division went bankrupt. These jokers are not welcome in the shooting industry, and I am surprised they are even tolerated in the blade industry.

I've never really looked into Microtech before.

After reading this, and the "not so classy" response, I can say definitively that I never will.

It's a win for KAI in my book. A side plate of crow for AM.

Back