NCCA Show - August 13th in Marlboro, Massachusetts!

Hi folks, there is a Northeast Cutlery Collectors Association (NCCA) show in Marlboro, Massachusetts at the Holiday Inn: off I-495 North at exit 24A (Route 20). Heads towards Marlboro center - entrance is at the end of the off ramp). Hrs are 10 am - 3 pm.

Last time we tried to meet together, but that was unsuccessful. Perhaps we can meet in the front lobby on the right hand side where there are a bunch of chairs, and couches. This time around why don't we shoot for 8:45am so we can get to meet each other, and show off some fine cutlery.

I've met a bunch of your folks already. but I know there were LOTS more I missed.

Post here, or drop me an e-mail to see if you plan on attending!
biggrin.gif
See you there, or be square.
wink.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

I plan on attending, but not that early. If I make it there for 10, I'd be pushing it. I'll have to drive down from southern Maine. I think I'm going to wear a BFC hat, though.

--JB

------------------
e_utopia@hotmail.com

Just a few days away folks - I guess its gonna just be eutopia/JB, SteveB & Dave, Chisel/Joe, and Stihl/Jay.

I know there has got to be others going.
tongue.gif

See ya'll there.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

Hello all- I did'nt know about this show and I may drive up from N.Y.C., have'nt been to a show since the Blade Show. I'm just curious about one thing; Is this show auto-friendly?
Thanks, Donald.

Hope you can make it strider/Bob!
smile.gif

nowhere fast: the show does have autos (I know I have seen some newer models, older models, and of course custom autos as well). I'm not really into the new ones. The older ones are cool though. If you can make it, I'm sure we will see you.
smile.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

MD 2020- Thanks for the info. I'm definitely gonna go now that I have that info. I'm looking for custom D/A's, maybe I'll get lucky, who knows?? Either way I get to look at lots of nice knives and have a nice Sunday drive, it's a no lose situation. I'm sure I'll bump into some of you up there.
Thanks, Donald.

MD- I looked on a map this morning to see where Marlboro was and I think you mean "Marlborough" is'nt that the correct spelling? The town that you spelled is up north near Gloucester on I-95! But the spelling that I mentioned is off 495, so I assume that's the town where the show is. Let me know so I know where to go!! :confused

Thanks, Donald.

Hi nwf,

Yeah, I'm a lazy ass about spelling: its Marlborough, MA. You are thinking of Marblehead thats near Glouchester.
tongue.gif

I've seen people spell it both ways.
smile.gif
Its off of Route 495 close to Framingham.

TC & SYS!

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

Thanks MD- If you look at a map you'll see that there is a town in MA. called "Marlboro", spelled just like the cigarette. It's on I-95 near Rt 133 in between Gloucester and Lawrence. About 15 miles south of the N.H. border. I'know, I've got alot of free time on my hands.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks, Donald.

I`m shooting for an 8:30ish arrival this time, if I can drag my kid out of bed early enough. Should be a good show!

Oh wow i did not know there was a show this weekend. Wish i could go, Seems ever since i moved to western mass, i never here about goings on in the eastern part. I am originaly from hingham, just south of boston.

Cool SteveB, I'll see ya there early and tell ya lazy butt son to get his arse moving early!
wink.gif
LOL
smile.gif

Hi Hermie, it not that far of a drive.
wink.gif
I use to fish in the Weir River in Hingham (lots of Brook Trout) and Lily Pond (monsterous bass & pickeral!) Cohasset when I was growing up. I know the area well.
biggrin.gif

Hope you can make it next time around. Next one there is Dec 3rd on Sunday from 10am - 3pm at the same location. There is one in East Windsor, CT at the Best Western Oct 8th, Sunday 10 am - 3pm, too.
smile.gif

You can never meet enough knife nuts locally IMHO. :p

See every one else there!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

I missed this one, any idea when the next show in the area is???

I always have a good time at ANY specialty show.
smile.gif
There were some real nice high end knives that were lovely to see and handle. Its real BAD when you start saying to yourself that a $400 is 'cheap'.
tongue.gif

Jim Siska, and John Kubasek where some of the big names who are locals.
smile.gif
Both do superb work, and are fun to hang out with.

I don't know if every one who was there met Bob Doggett or not (sorry, thats my fault), but he was an welcomed guest!
smile.gif
Its always nice to place a face with a name. I got to meet 'eutopia/JB' as well (I recognized him from a previous show).

Bob/Strider - did I miss you again, or where you a no show?
wink.gif

Next one in Marlborough/Marlboro, MA is Dec 3rd on Sunday from 10am - 3pm at the same location. There is another NCCA show in East Windsor, CT at the Best Western Oct 8th, Sunday 10 am - 3pm.

Did any one else go??

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

No, what's really bad is when I was handling a couple of Mike Walker's knives, and said to myself "in a few years, maybe $2500 will be reasonable..." That worries me.

I recognised maddog2020 and Steve B. (and his sone) from the April show.

I had a good time talking with John Kubasek, and handling one of Jim Siska's knives made me more certain than ever that I want a sub-hilt knife. I just love knife shows
smile.gif

--JB

------------------
e_utopia@hotmail.com

Hey Maddog,

My husband and I were at that show and looked for you, but we got there kind of late...after 12:30.

You remember my husband? TR? You met him at that same show in the spring.

I liked this one better, there were less people, so it was easier to talk to the vendors. I met Chris Kravitt and commissioned two sheaths for a couple of custom knives I haven't been able to carry.

I also met the man that made my favorite blade and he just happened to have its mate...available for sale...so now I have both!

Great fun talking to Dave Lewis among others. We'll be picking up the sheaths in October in CT. Can't wait; it'll be like early Christmas.

ciao...storm

Hi Stormwinder. I remeber meeting you and your husband, TR last April. :)

I went out for lunch at around 1:30pm and then headed home. I had to resist going back to buy some more knives. :p

I'm sure I'll bump into you two again some time soon at one of the local shows.

Are there production knives at this show as well, or the ones that seem to fall in the middle like Randall and Chris Reeves, or just custom knives?

------------------
It is not the fall that kills you. It is the realization that "yes, you did something that stupid."

Back