ndog Gots Him a New Beachmobile!

Yep! My burned up old 74 Ford pickup just got replaced! It sure did give us some great service and lots of great memories but I know from experience once a vehicle burns it is smoke up to the truck gods and dont even try to bring them back to earth. Let them go to Pele! Done Deal to say the least!

ffba7a259a9bb9d4868900c8aa60148f

These were some good times and I think I only owned one Khukri at the time:D sadly it wasnt an HI but since then all are HI thanks to Yangdu. Whats this got to do with Khukris you might ask? Well (as Uncle Bill used to say) EVERYTHING!!!
Eight years later and few good crypto trades... enter an entirely new beast!

cd27be7272bcdd57e9fd1405414fbae1

Ford Super Duty 7.3L Diesel 4X4 custom flatbed, exhaust, toolbox, 6" lift kit, and 35" ATV tires. Did I miss anything. I can go down the beach or any damn place I want now and as far as I want to rid of drunk teenagers and associated drama. Nothing against drunk teens as I was one too ya know (still am sometimes;)) but I got dogs and family now so theres a fine place for me and a fine place for them and it aint the same place.
I did pretty good then but them logs I couldn't pull up from the wet sand for firewood are now officially kindling, marshmallow sticks, back scratchers, toast on a stick, whatever you want to call them! I now got room for my big dogs in the back seat and Mernie has air conditioning and tunes! I got to figure out how to get the dogs up there tho. They need an extra step i guess?

70a3405d283a63720702c84938be9205

cdf4bc9258b1325b4a03543fb2e7ba02

Cant wait to tell my grand kids (add 8 years to this pic)! Never mind the warning on the bucket. She survived Mernies wash bucket!
8c91f9a33ae44c32cdab6fe65e6009ab

Dogs love the beach too!
Still got to ring out some maintenance stuff on the truck before I take it out but the previous owner just took it 1000 miles to the mountains and another trip before I bought it and it did just fine so I should be hauling some Khuks soon! Hope yall like my new haul. I still got to make some removable woodie side rails and maybe a tailgate but should have plenty of new adventures soon. This makes me a happy man beyond what I can say. Stay tuned!

What a beast...whatch out all you youngsters on the road, ndog is coming, and he ain't moving or stopping for anyone...!

Yes sir, fine truck there, I had an 03 F250 like that with the same engine, it will serve you well my friend. Love the pics man, enjoy your new ride.

Thanks Brothers! Cant wait for a day off to take her down some terrain! Somehow Pugs I figured you would know what I was talking about;)

Durn fine looking truck! Bawanna needs a few extra steps.
They are making some pretty cool derelict trucks these days but at like 85,000 bucks and up they won't be in my driveway anytime soon.
Just saw a sweet Jimmy with one of them fancy new tail gates that fold 6 ways from Sunday, whole side folds up and has a lift to insert derelict (me). Real sweet. But I'd have to live in the thing.

Ha! I saw a commercial yesterday for that transformer tailgate. I laughed pretty dang hard. I suppose there are people that got plenty of money to throw away and could use all that stuff? Man Id hate to have to replace that tailgate! My neighbor next door before she crossed the river had one of them fancy handicapped vans. My wife would driver her to the store and doc etc. She got stuck in the parking lot a few times and couldnt figure out how to make the thing start. Apparently they have sensors and such when you put the ramp down. It also lowers or kneels I think they call it and if you dont hold your teeth just right and unlock the thing-ama-bob doo hickey...before you do the other thingy just right...Anyway They finally got it figured out. They called me for help and it was pretty funny but I had no idea how to help them?

Yup my van is that way, parking brake light has to be on. Can't do one thing until another thing happens.
Great when it works but there's lots of time its kind of balky like Bookies mule.
I have a full size van so it don't kneel or have a ramp. I wouldn't mind something that gets better than 10 MPG but not sure I want to run around in a cub scout van either.

Im getting about 15.5 mpg in the truck right now so I aint complaining to much. I thought it would be worse. It prolly gets 20mpg on the highway with cruise set and wind behind me but It wouldnt surprise me if it got 8mpg in the city.

I like your truck like I like my coffee... black and strong. The wood side rails on the bed are going to look good. I'm sure many enjoyable adventures will be had.

Ha! Havent thought about that Eric! I do like my coffee black too! ..and strong. Coffee aint coffee if you can see through it. Shes been running great tho. Been my daily driver till I get another car running. Today the blinker relay started blinking all by itself. It started a few days ago but I thought it was my keys banging up against the dash or the trailer brake controller going haywire but I think I got that fixed. I do expect those little things to happen for that age of truck tho. I do have to get on the rails soon tho. I got a river trip coming up in a few weeks. Im about ready to put the family in the truck and take a drive right now tho. My A/C went out in the house and its 91 degrees inside. Uurrrgggh! I just figured out its a bad capacitor so soon as I get that fixed life will be much better! Im surprised my wife aint bit^%$$n any more than she is. I think ill keep her:D

Nice kid, car and great post, thank you for sharing

Really a neat set of wheels and that youngster is a knockout! You're a lucky man, Danny,

Thanks doc! Im a damn lucky man just to still be alive still. I finally built me some rails a few weeks ago then immediately took them on a few test missions. First one to the Llano River for a long weekend and then to Louisiana for a more extended stay. Fishing wasnt great because of weather but Flint knapping and Cajun eating was great. Bunch of good folks and lots of late night fun by the fires!
465467cb1dc178fc4da513b6542bc505

Wood rails were burned with my propane forge torch, then brushed clean of charcoal with wire BBQ brush, then treated with a thick slathering of BLO.
1d83702a49dfdc545f60ecffcbc26d52

All them rails are readily removable with a couple bolt turns and a wrench. I put some plastic caps on the upright rails to keep water out but the pics were before that. Im thinking of cutting some large elk antler crowns with large diameter so I dont need tools at all to remove them but we will see. That would look Khul too I think! Somebody would likely steal them tho? Got to try tho. So thats where my Franken Truck is so far! Prolly needs another coat of BLO about now tho. Im treating the wood just like it was a Khukri handle! Yall know how that goes!

Last edited:
That looks awesome. I love the look of torching and BLO. Your ride is looking bad to the bone. Well done.

I think we need some expanded metal on the headache rack, protect that back winder.
Maybe chromed. Black and Chrome are a perfect couple don't ya know.
The wood did turn out splendid. Never would of thunk of that, great idea.

Yeah I do think expanded metal would be a good addition. I need to get me another welder tho.

How's the truck doing? You getting out of the city much with it? I got a '97 Chevy S10 Blazer 4x4 last year. Still needs a little work, but it gets me everywhere I need to go. It handles the gravel and dirt roads around here just fine.

Hey Heber! Man I love it! Its been around Louisiana, all around the creeks in central Texas, and will soon be going to the coast. That will be fun to finally have 4WD at the beach. It hasnt given me a lick of problems other than a $10 flasher unit and regular oil changes. It takes about five gallons of oil since its a diesel. Normally I do that but its way cheaper for me to just take it in since them oil change places get the oil in bulk so cheap. I did have a starter problem last week but it turned out that it was just loose. Theres no ground wire on starters so if they come loose the dont work. Easy fix so far. Its funny that I got stuck in a ditch on the way home from Louisiana one time trying to turn around on a side road but I got out easily in 4WD.

Glad to hear it! Have heard that oil changes on the 7.3 are expensive! My blazer is cheap on oil changes thank goodness. Love having 4x4 up the canyons and with the snow. Plus the cargo capacity. Loose starter isn't good. Been there, wasn't fun.

4-wheel drive is pretty amazing! But it can get you stuck so bad you need others to help you get out. ;) Friend did that with his Jeep once. Doh!

Back