Neck Knife landyard

Just got my companion knife and now I'd like to find a braided leather neck strap. Ideas?

Hmmmm.....depending on the size/thickness of lanyard you want, and depending on the sizes/thicknesses of laces you could find, I almost wonder of boot laces might work. Also, Hobby Lobby or similar craft store will carry leather lace in a spool, which would work even better than boot laces, now that I think about it. Lol. Just thought of it as I was typing the first part......

I'd go with a four stand braid, which can be tricky to figure out, but looks REALLY good once you get it finished. It makes a round braid instead of a flatter braid like a three stand.

50cb687951dc38818d8364cb1f148a79.jpg

This is an example of a 4 stand braid that I did with neon green and blaze orange paracord for my ridgeline project for the bushcraft basic class over on BushcraftUSA. Obviously you'd get much thinner lace, but you could have a beautiful and functional lanyard with thin leather lace.

Also making an appearance in that photo, my now defunct wedding ring! Almost want to edit it out. Makes me sick just seeing it in there. Now off to scream and find something (inanimate) to hit with a bat.

Also making an appearance in that photo, my now defunct wedding ring! Almost want to edit it out. Makes me sick just seeing it in there. Now off to scream and find something (inanimate) to hit with a bat.

Hey, on the plus side, you (probably) won't need to throw it into Mount Doom to destroy it! ;)

Back