Necker challenge

I'm trying that one out. I do like it, and the handle has definitely popped out the grain colors with the oil soak.

The caping point is still possible- though I'm making a second one since the first one is 7.25 inches. (I'm about to list it, since I made a ranger sheath for it)

I agree with Pit on the one in ash. I like the one in Wenge but like a straight spine instead of swept, that said I would be happy with either! :) Don't you need magazines or some kind of trade goods?? LOL!
Bill

I'm thinking this one for the contest now !!!

2011-09-18-02.jpg

looks very nice! but then, so do the others :)

Like an EDC with a short blade, that is a very good thing as I love the EDC! The addition of lanyard hole is nice.
Bill

2011-09-15-02.jpg

Love the bottom knife.

2011-09-18-02.jpg

This one rocks as well. I still think I'd buy the Wharnie first, but I'd be thrilled to own either knife.

It's going to be a bit heavier. I didn't weigh it before it left the shop. I'd guess about 75-80 grams.

The wharncliffe one is 78 grams, for reference.

So did you make your final choice? Can we see the final two contenders?

Sheaths for the final 2 are going to be finished tomorrow and I will have photos of the final 2

decisions, decisions.

I have two. I really can't decide what I'm going with.

First, pictures:

(Sheaths are still in progress because I had some family issues today, but they are just soaking in dye and oil and stuff right now. )

489-01.jpg

489-02.jpg

489-03.jpg

489-04.jpg

The wenge caping point is just awesome. Really, it is.

But the ash handled one is right in so many ways. the handle is thick and long and the blade just sits where it needs to. It's short as hell, though.

My 2 cents, which in todays market is valued about .8 cents, is #2 I think. Even though the first is more EDC'ish which I love, the second one seems more necker to me...might stand out a little more with the other entries too...

Great job on both though! Looking forward to seeing the sheaths...:thumbup::thumbup:

Just pick one for Pete's sake! You ain't choosing slippers for the Royal ball, Cinderella. There's no Prince to be had in this fairy tale.

Make it happin', Cappin'!

Ricky-poo.:p

Last edited:
So which one is taking the trip- you can tell me Christof!

I'll publish the description and details tomorrow because I figure JCAV will have it by then :D

Back