Need a consult with a Kung-Fu movie expert

OK, I'm 33. When I was a kid (I'd say 8-10 years old?) I remember getting home from church on Sunday and running to the TV where the USA channel played these crazy kung-fu movies all day. Questions:

1) Does anyone know of a list of these movies that USA channel played? I would love to re-watch some of them.

2) I remember one where a blind (I think... chances are pretty good as almost all kung-fu masters are blind) master was cornered by a bunch of other dudes. He had white hair and a ling ponytail that went down to his ankles. This mob of street toughs surrounds him and he has this blade hidden in the ponytail, so he starts whipping his head around and takes out all these other kung-fu dudes. Does anyone possibly know the title of that movie?

The show was "Kung Fu Theater." I recall seeing the movie of which you speak (or another with the same guy_, but can't recall the title.

Oh yeah, Kung Fu Theater! Awesome! Thanks! Unfortunately there is no show listing I can find online. :(

i remember seeing amazon having boxsets of the kung fu theater movies. good stuff.

I remember that.

It's been a long time, and I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly, but I think that was a scene from Master of the Flying Guillotine.

If you're into blindmen.
Get a hold of "Zatochi" and his amazing swordsmanship.
Or skip the subtitles and go for the movie "Blind Fury", starring Rutger Hauer.

I remember that.

It's been a long time, and I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly, but I think that was a scene from Master of the Flying Guillotine.

It doesn't sound like Master of the Flying Guillotine. The blind man in that was a Manchu villain disguised as a Buddhist monk, shaved head and all.

Hmm. It could have been The Master. That's the original title of a movie that was retitled Three Evil Masters. It's a Shaw Brothers-produced film, and one of the 3 villains has long white hair, and uses his queue (pigtail) as a weapon. It's been remastered and re-released recently by a DVD co. called Mediablasters with original title (The Master) and should not be too hard to find at FYE, Sam Goody/Suncoast, or Best Buy. Or maybe someone has a clip on youtube you could check.

I've seen a lot of kung fu and other martial arts films over the past 30-something years, and a scene like that could be from quite a few. But if you have a question about an obscure kung fu film, the best place to find an answer to a tough question is to go onto kungfucinema.com. They're probably the most knowledgeable people there about these things.
Jim

Well, on second thought it may not be The Master, if the guy with the pigtail was blind; the arch-villain in The Master is not blind, nor are any of the characters in it. But it has some cracking good action, all the same.
Jim

i am looking for a movie that has 3 bad guys and one is a white haired bad guy with a knife in his ponytail, and another is good with throwing knifes. this is a revenge kung fu movie with the main guy learning kung fu to take revenge against the 3 bad guys

There is a kung fu movie I use to watch when i was younger back in the early 90s... I really need help with the name of the movie. Going try to explain it..I remember in the being as it is coming on its snowing and there a lady saying jade flowers for sell or something like that then there is an explosion there is guy who is digging a hole also. Later in the movie some creature comes and starts killing people ( he was exiled or band out of the city but he does have a clan of kung fu fighters) there is a lady that defeated him before,so when comes to town she comes out of hiding to fight him. She had some type of blades on what looked like some type of fabric or rope that she would sling out to fight him..please help if you can, I've been trying to find this movie for years

Back