Need a custom set of scales

My son was just elected into the BSA Order of the Arrow. I'd like to reward him with a knife but I don't see anything official that has an OA reference. I'm wondering if anyone could add custom scales to a Buck 110 with the OA logo? Any suggestions?

Here's the logo, it wouldn't need to be this detailed but similar:

Last edited:
Thanks Dennis. I don't expect cheap but I'd hope it's not up with a full blown custom. If that's the case I know a couple of custom guys who could probably fill the bill.

I suggest you buy something like a Sage 2 or Mil Ti and have it engraved at local engraving trophy shop. You could anodize the Ti in a color that wont include Red or buy a aluminum handled knife and anodize it red assuming that the color.

Texas Slim - congratulations to you & your son! My son and the other four boys in his Den will be awarded the Order of the Arrow, and then bridge to Boys Scouts, this coming Wednesday.

I'm planning to get my son a Buck 112, and have the Den #, Pack #, and year of his bridging engraved on the bolsters.

~Chris

Also places like knifeworks.com will laser engrave print on most of the blades they sell, probably not as cool or custom as scales but still looks great and would save some of coin. Not sure what shapes they can do but Roger is a super nice guy and goes out of his way to help.

Last edited:
Back