Need a little help choosing my next Spydie

I was looking really hard at the Manix 2 today. And, I think I'm going that route. I'm torn as to which one though.

I was looking really hard at the Manix 2 today. And, I think I'm going that route. I'm torn as to which one though.
Manix 2 in Foliage Green sprint, cruwear, s110v, M4..

Whatever you choose.. Do yourself a solid and get a G10 model.. IMO.. Specially since all mentioned, come with skeletonized liners. [emoji106]

Centofante memory, on my bucket list!

My last Spyderco was a manix lw. I'm trading down my s110v for the bd1 version. Love the lw format though!

Ok. Update: I have not decided what to get, but now I'm looking at $100 or less.

I'm at the point right now that I might just wait it out and when I do have more funds just get somethings g then.

I do agree that variety and not redundancy is what I'm finally down to. So another PM2 is out of the running.

Just hold on and give it a minute. It actually sounds like there may not be a specific model that has caught your eye as a "must have".
I know that's hard to decide if you cannot handle many of these models in person... but I'd say take some time, save up, and possibly at some point, maybe when the mid-season catalog comes out, there may be a model that drops that you just have to have! :)

I have had to significantly reduce my knife budget recently (not that I'm hard up, I'm just happy with my current line-up and spending money on other interests), so I've had to grit my teeth and resist buying a few newer models that I'd like to have, but in an effort to save budget for the models that really fit my needs and uses and that I KNOW I will enjoy. ;)

Whatever you choose.. Do yourself a solid and get a G10 model.. IMO.. Specially since all mentioned, come with skeletonized liners. [emoji106]

He had a budget of $150, and now down to $100.
If you're willing to sell any of yours, or know where to get any of those models in that price range, please let me know. :p

He had a budget of $150, and now down to $100.
If you're willing to sell any of yours, or know where to get any of those models in that price range, please let me know. :p
Oops.. [emoji17]

Ummm.. No, they are mine and you can't have them! [emoji12]

Last edited:
I'll put in some more love for the Native lw. This one is a hair over $100 with shipping from Spyderco.

Was on a nice hike today and snapped this:
33dyrg5.jpg

I love the Manix 2, but the LW is better in most respects.

OK, so here's an update:

As I was trying to decide on a sub $100 Spydie, my wife/financial manager, gave me the green light for any sub $200 knife (Our anniversary is right around the corner...haha). So, I thought of two knives, but then that just made the problem worse. Then something happened that only us Forumites might understand, I saw that damn Gayle Bradley Hard Use thread pop up again. I have been in lust over this knife for a very long time, but always considered it un-gettable....or, not really a goal because of the cost and the 20 other Spydies I have floating around in my mental queue. After some looking around though, I found one in stock......I just pulled the trigger on my first and probably only GB.

So, thanks to everyone for your participation. Even though I did not go with the recommendations here, I still value your thoughtful and educated assistance in this matter. Who knows, perhaps when summer gets here I will re-visit the thoughts of getting a Manix or Native.

It's a beast, isn't it?
A buttery smooth beast that opens with a good "THWICH". Those beefy liners are almost thick enough to be like a framelock with some cf scales over it. ;)
Have fun with that M4, also! :)

No spydie collection is complete without a military. Nuff said.

Mike

By your own words, I should wait and when I have reached the point that I'm going to buy my last Spyderco ever, I should then...at that time get the Military.......got it!!! Thanks!!! ;)

It's a beast, isn't it?
A buttery smooth beast that opens with a good "THWICH". Those beefy liners are almost thick enough to be like a framelock with some cf scales over it. ;)
Have fun with that M4, also! :)

When I watched the ApostleP video regarding this knife, he said the exact same thing. I agree with both of you.

Back