• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Need finish work on 2 knives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodloss

Gold Member
Hello, talented craftsmen of Blade Forums! I am looking for someone in the lower 48 to finish up a couple knives so they can be used. I would like to ship them out together and receive them back when the work on both is complete. I use PayPal.
The first knife is a Tops Idaho Hunter SRE in 1095. I sanded the blade and had a local shop Cerakote the handle. A few months later, evidence of rust is showing under the coating. I can scratch the coating with my fingernail and I even sprayed some Jasco epoxy remover on it and the coating started to rub off fairly easily with a Scotch Brite pad, so I'm pretty sure they didn't use Cerakote. This is the shop's second attempt at coating, so I'm just ready to take it as a lesson learned and move on. I don't have a respirator or a good place to work with the stripper, so I need the knife stripped and the whole thing sanded proper to whatever finish I will be able to easily wipe of any rust spots if they start. I also would like the liners, scales and handle bolts epoxied on permanently.
The second knife is a Spyderco Mule in Z-wear. I would like some kind of Micarta scales and a taco style kydex sheath made for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back