Need habaki for Pavel Bolf Wakizashi

Thanks SC.
" .... the monouchi is the few inches below the yokote considered the sweet spot for cutting. You must mean the "Machi". "

I was correcting his misspelled munouchi. I realize the monouchi is a place, not a width. My comment read wrong because I left off a word ... it should have been, " .... width at the monouchi".

He wanted to know how to make the habaki fit the koi-guchi when the saki-haba is wider than the mihaba. I was advising him to make the habaki wide enough ( at the back side) so the saki-haba will pass through the koi-guchi, but the habaki will still seat snug.

Yes thank you Stacy, that is exactly what my question was. Been a while since I dealt with swords so my terminology was off.

I agree, thanks for sharing pictures of your blades, Southern Comfort. Man, those things are incredible.

Stacey,
Gotcha, I figured it was something like that, why I put mistaken, not wrong. Habaki as wide as the monouchi would be a hoss :D

I finally figured out what he was trying to ask, and I think he has a better understanding now after seeing those photos.

Thanks Possum.

I have a couple of his blades I bought years ago, and I have the same problem has you bought bare blades. But now I cannot finish them properly like they deserv.

Im going to sell them I think. Did you finish this project? Sorry to brings this back to life.

Back