Need help deciding.

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by rwdata, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Ryker

Ryker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I have a HUCK and a D-Guard. Of the 2 the HUCK is better. The D-Guard has too thick shoulders and too much rearward weight to get a good bite. That said, from what I've picked up on the forum, the B11 might be best. If you really don't want to use any, you could get a Fiskars hatchet from the hardware store for around $35. But where's the fun in that? Sounds like a good time for a chop-off ;)

2. kniferMan

kniferMan KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 16, 2011
    After using most varieties of BM's I find the light weight and versatility of the B11 to be amazing! All have there place, don't get me wrong, but I'll never sell my b11 ;) I hope that helps ya!

Just get 'em all and sell what doesn't fit your needs.

3. foxyrick

foxyrick British Pork

Dec 26, 2006
    You've already had the sort of answer I would give (B11, or all of them) but I just want to say I'm envious of the chopping fun you're about to have!

There's something empowering about chopping with a Busse that makes it worth every dollar and then some.

Whichever you choose, enjoy!

4. rwdata

rwdata Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Thanks everyone for your opinions. Whatever I choose, I will make a video. I lean now toward the B11 as I love the look of non covered blades. This will be my first INFI strip.

5. JoshH

JoshH

Jun 1, 2016
    And if the look of the strip job doesn't strike your fancy, I know an abusive home you could pass it along to :D

rwdata likes this.
  6. cisco2

cisco2

Jun 22, 2010
    WTF FTW

7. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony

Feb 27, 2009
    An axe is the proper tool for chopping trees and firewood. If you want a pig sticker, consider Old Hickory Pig sticker model knife. Get a leather sheath made by your local saddlery shop and keep it sharp. It will kill hogs just fine.

8. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I would say the hawk. Knives will chop but the hawk is made for it.

9. Rob_Mob

Rob_Mob Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 16, 2013
    In Terms of Raw Chopping:

The WTF BG is equivalent to an small/med axe.

The Huck is equivalent to a small axe

The B11 is equivalent to a hatchet

I feel dirty choosing one --- so I won't. If I had to choose two, I'd say the WTF/Huck for heavy chopping and the B11 for everything else.

As you can see, i still ended up choosing all three --- so I am of absolutely no help to you lol

10. rwdata

rwdata Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Thanks for the help that doesn't help. I am still so undecided as to which knife or hatchet to use. I also now have the pork chop coming and that looks to be a great chopper also. Arghh.

Rob_Mob likes this.