Need help identifying a knife

When I was stationed on Guam in 1978, my son found what I would call a bayonet buried in the ground. Would anyone have any information about the following specifics of the knife in question.

One one side of the knife it is marked with Camillus NY. I do not see any other markings on this knife. It has a leather handle and the overall length of the knife is 9 1/2". The blade is approximately 5".

Any help identifying some specifics about this knife would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

Camillus was a company in NY that shut down a couple years ago, they made stuff for the military as well as pocket knives. Good knives with good blade materials and craftsmanship.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Does it look anything like this?

DSCF1527_zps85f89b56.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words. Does it look anything like this?

DSCF1527_zps85f89b56.jpg

Looks just like it, except yours is in much better shape. Can you provide any further details about the knife. Thank you for your time in helping me. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

If it's like the above it's a pilot's knife I believe. Ontario knife company makes one as well.

USAF Pilot's survival knife, commonly referred to as the "bolt knife", were made by Camillus and looked just like this except w/ a black phosphate coating. Learned to baton with one many years back, quickly followed by learning how to break a bolt knife :D

The one I posted was made by Camillus in 1980 and was billed as "Presentation grade" which just means it was shiny instead of phosphate finish. They were made by both Camillus and Ontario, and probably other companies as well. I don't know much about the history of them other than they were issued to pilots as part of their survival gear.

Back