Need help indentifying this old Ka Bar

Makael

Loving wife, kids and life.
Gold Member
Anyone a history guru and can help me identify possibly the year of this old KaBar I received from my uncle who passed. Any info would be great. Thank you

Big Heavy knife that has great action. No Blade play which surprises me.

The only markings are KA-BAR and USA.

thank you for that info. Does anyone know if they came with this bone or was this added later?

It looks to be added by someone later from referencing the pictures I found. I believe the original covers had smaller pins and a shield that said 'Kabar'. This is just a guess from doing a search and finding it to be (I think?) a model 1185.

Knife is post war, late 1940s, and the handle scales have had an amateur replacement job. The stamp ID sheet published by KA-BAR isn't entirely correct. 1930-1940 era knives would have Union Cut Co on the second blade. Circa 1943 they changed the mark to KA-BAR over Olean NY, and shortly after the war to KA-BAR over USA. 1951 the mark changed to Kabar in italicized letters.

Knife is post war, late 1940s, and the handle scales have had an amateur replacement job. The stamp ID sheet published by KA-BAR isn't entirely correct. 1930-1940 era knives would have Union Cut Co on the second blade. Circa 1943 they changed the mark to KA-BAR over Olean NY, and shortly after the war to KA-BAR over USA. 1951 the mark changed to Kabar in italicized letters.

gunsil you will never cease to amaze me:thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks guys, Very much appreciated.

U in good hands Brudda Gunsil da shit only an hour and 15 minutes away heading that way sept 12th he be at da show am sure as our paths elude hope all good Brudda Makael and my inspiration of knowledge Mr Gun Thanks to both of u as Gun has helped more than he knows and Makael just Damn Brudda u got much talent and Thanks for da work and your time office on da way and dem Buck Boxes got a spot

Back