Need help to identify Camillus Fighting knife

Hello:) I need help to identify this Camillus fighting knife. The markings on the tang says US Camillus and the pommel has a through and through pin. Swedge goes back to the fuller. Sheath and handle is black. There is no markings on the other side of the tang. The blade feels like it is coated with teflon? Having searched the forum I suspect it to be a post Vietnam era knife. However I am trying to pinpoint it more exactly. It is in my friends possession and he thinks it is somewhat a fake. Sorry, but struggling to upload pictures :(Hopefully someone will know something without looking at the pictures. Thanks in advance.

Really need a photo or several to be 100% accurate, but it sounds like your knife is a Camillus MK2 that was made from 1974-1989.

Hello:) I need help to identify this Camillus fighting knife. The markings on the tang says US Camillus and the pommel has a through and through pin. Swedge goes back to the fuller. Sheath and handle is black. There is no markings on the other side of the tang. The blade feels like it is coated with teflon?
Teflon? Smooth and shiny/satin or matte finish (phosphate). Does sound like a post Vietnam era Mk2.

7OdmyG.jpg
This is mine, with a phosphated finish.
7OdLGI.jpg

7OdUva.jpg

Thank you for your reply😄I am suspecting 80s but can not be sure. My friend got a hold og this knife in the 80s so it is likely correct.

Jan, all made by Camillus from 1974-1989 look similar, there is no way to tell the actual date of the knife. The previous series was marked US over Camillus NY. The fine example posted by Ruari is the 1974-1989 version but the actual date cannot be known.

Jan, all made by Camillus from 1974-1989 look similar, there is no way to tell the actual date of the knife. The previous series was marked US over Camillus NY. The fine example posted by Ruari is the 1974-1989 version but the actual date cannot be known.
I understand. Thank you.

Back