Recommendation? Need ideas for a "less lethal " .22cal air pellet !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a neighbors intact Tom cat I need to discourage from marking my back porch etc .

I want to cause some pain and fear , but minimal injury . He's really just a nuisance . I'd feel bad to kill or cripple .

Thinking about buying a NP2 type .22 air rifle , but need some kind of ammo to buy or make that is less harmful .

Ideas I've seen : cotton cleaning pellets , potato , feed pellets , paper "spit balls" , hot gun glue etc put into a mold .

I haven't found any commercial "rubber bullet" type ammo for .22 pellet gun .

Anybody got experience and /or suggestions ?

I've got a neighbors intact Tom cat I need to discourage from marking my back porch etc .

I want to cause some pain and fear , but minimal injury . He's really just a nuisance . I'd feel bad to kill or cripple .

Thinking about buying a NP2 type .22 air rifle , but need some kind of ammo to buy or make that is less harmful .

Ideas I've seen : cotton cleaning pellets , potato , feed pellets , paper "spit balls" , hot gun glue etc put into a mold .

Get a dog .

Put away the .22 and get a guard cat
B87E8607-58D2-41B1-9ACF-E29263E0A9E0.jpeg

My Hatsan .22 blew through a raccoons head and went through the screen door behind it. Modern air rifles are real weapons that do real damage, never aim them at anything you don't intend to kill.

Instead consider:

Pepper spray
Coyote piss
A slingshot with a wad of paper
Airsoft gun
A tennis ball
The hose

My Hatsan .22 blew through a raccoons head and went through the screen door behind it. Modern air rifles are real weapons that do real damage, never aim them at anything you don't intend to kill.

Instead consider:

Pepper spray
Coyote piss
Airsoft gun
A tennis ball
The hose
I understand what you are saying .

I will experiment before using on anything living , that I don't intend to kill .

I'm trying for something that won't penetrate thru box cardboard at the planned range .

At least in this area , I could shoot rabbit , squirrels and cats all day with an AR and not have any problem from the Law .

Anything short of a water cannon , not going to work on this guy .

Airsoft might be the best option. Full auto, sting, but unless you hit eyes, should be injury free. I've been shot plenty by my kids Tommy gun.

I also like my Cold Steel Big Bore with stun darts is persuasive, but realistically you get one shot per meeting before the cat is going to be gone.

Last edited:

Instead consider:

Pepper spray
Coyote piss
Airsoft gun
A tennis ball
The hose
This.

Don't be stupid.

At least in this area , I could shoot rabbit , squirrels and cats all day with an AR and not have any problem from the Law .

Anything short of a water cannon , not going to work on this guy .

Well then you either kill the cat and maybe get murdered by the neighbor, or you move away, or you just get used to it.

Or you could try speaking to the neighbor.
Sure , it's good to communicate with your neighbors and avoid problems , but ...their cats are not pets .

They are rodent control devises for their organic farm . Can't do that work being a confined house cat .

My grandfather used to trap them in his yard. Then a Chinese restaurant opened a couple doors down...no more cats.

So, yes, the moral of the story is open a Chinese restaurant. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back