Recommendation? Need ideas for a "less lethal " .22cal air pellet !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put in car and let them work from remote location. (min. 25 miles)

Animal cruelty won't win you many friends. Neither online nor in your neighborhood.

Make the porch somewhere the cat doesn't want to be. Don't put food out for your own pets there, piss around the ground in your backyard to mark your territory, and spray water on the cat when you see him. Hell, piss on the cat and he'll probably leave you alone.

If that doesn't work, consider the fact that you probably have a rat infestation which is drawing him to your property to hunt. His spraying your porch may help scare off the rats, and that's a good thing.

If that doesn't work, consider the fact that you probably have a rat infestation which is drawing him to your property to hunt. His spraying your porch may help scare off the rats, and that's a good thing.

Beat me to it. You take out the neighborhood rodent controller and guess who suddenly gets rodents? The neighborhood. If he's coming all the way to your house that means the farm is lacking in prey. If you dissuade him from coming over to your house and the farm is unsafe for prey guess where the prey goes? Besides it's some piss, be different if he was crapping on the porch.

Prey: "yay! this place doesn't smell like danger anymore! let's gnaw some holes and go see what food is in there!"

My cat is fixed and stays indoors most of the time, but I would be plenty pissed off if I discovered one of my neighbors hurt my cat in any way. If he's causing a problem, I would be grateful to know about it. Talk to your neighbor.

If you don’t want your neighbors cat on your porch, talk to them once.

BB Gun, Blow gun with a ball or plug may be your best bets to cause “pain and fear but minimal injury”.
I don’t know anything about airsoft and a good shot with a slingshot may be difficult without a good bit of practice.

I've got a neighbors intact Tom cat I need to discourage from marking my back porch etc .

I want to cause some pain and fear , but minimal injury . He's really just a nuisance . I'd feel bad to kill or cripple .

Thinking about buying a NP2 type .22 air rifle , but need some kind of ammo to buy or make that is less harmful .

Ideas I've seen : cotton cleaning pellets , potato , feed pellets , paper "spit balls" , hot gun glue etc put into a mold .

I haven't found any commercial "rubber bullet" type ammo for .22 pellet gun .

Anybody got experience and /or suggestions ?
Here is a suggestion for you! Don’t shoot any animal with anything unless you need to kill it . No air soft no nothing . Use the spray that was recommended ../ or Ammonia works too.

You may want to speak to your neighbor.;)
tenor.gif

Shooting it with anything will not work out well for you.

I'd just talk to the neighbors or call animal control.

Thanks for everyones input , although not very helpful for my situation here .

I did find some automatic eraser refills that are worth trying . Close to correct diameter .

Will perfect before using for real .

I did find some automatic eraser refills that are worth trying . Close to correct diameter .

Not very helpful, or not what you wanted to hear?
A garden hose would work just fine but you really, really want to shoot it, don't you?

Brilliant, so instead of a quck death with a pellet it will suffer a prolongled death from a shallow injury that gets infected or suffer from internal injuries.

Do not shoot anything with an air rifle that you don't intend to kill, ever.

Something to consider here -
Spring powered air rifles are designed to use ammunition of a specific weight range. Using something "less than lethal" means lightweight. If you shoot something very light through that air rifle, you will damage it. The forward motion of the piston compresses the air in the chamber behind the pellet for a brief instant before the pellet starts moving. This compressed air creates a cushion that prevents the piston head from impacting on the end of the chamber and damaging the piston seal. A lightweight projectile won't stay in the barrel long enough to allow the pressure cushion to build and you get a "dry fire", the same as if you were to fire the gun without a loading pellet into barrel.

Last edited:

In that case, it sounds like the thread is done.
Going to shut it down before things turn nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back