1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Need identification help

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by madhatta, Mar 29, 2019.

1. madhatta

madhatta Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2003
    My father rarely buys custom knives- he picked this one up for a decent price at an estate sale. No idea who the maker is. He asked me to post it and see if we could figure it out.
    Coffin handle, Damascus fighter/bowie style blade. 'J.S.' on the non-presentation side; I am assuming this is for Journeyman Smith.
    Makers mark looks to be a bear paw or similar print stamp. Came with a sweet Rowe's Leather sheath.
    Please have a look at the pics and let me know if you recognize the maker- much appreciated!
    . IMG_8421.JPG
    IMG_8425.JPG
    IMG_8423.JPG
    IMG_8427.JPG
    IMG_8428.JPG

Jsega51 likes this.