Need more 3-inch and under Kizers!

flash900

Gold Member
Platinum Member
Big fan of Kizer but need 3-inch and under folders.

The Mini Intrepid and the flipper and thumb stud Gurus are my favorites so far. The Geminis would be, too, if they were just a bit smaller.

What other 3-inch or under models does Kizer have coming out this year?

Thanks.

I second this. FYI, the machined clip from my Guru fits my Mini Intrepid (and its big brother).

I'd also like to see more full flat ground blades (3" blades are ideal for my purposes), and it would be cool if Kizer did a contoured carbon fiber handle on one side for a future knife, or perhaps a version of the Gemini/Ursa Minor :)

Yes! The emphasis on blade lengths of 2.99 inches or less so that it's legal in more places.

I have the Mini Intrepid with M390 which is great. However, at $253 kind of pricey so a version with S35VN under $200 would be nice. This applies to all those Mini M390 flippers including Flashbang and Dorado.

I have a Guru flipper on the way.

Edited to Add: I forgot my two Activ Bantam 3404 flippers with 3" blades of S35VN from 3 years ago!

Also, I had thought of getting a Rogue but decided to wait for the flipper version.

Here's a link to BladeHQ with all the 3" or under folders ranked by price with the highest first.

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Kizer-Cutlery--1742#K/filter:blade_length:2:3/sort:price_sort_desc:desc

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly! I love sub-3 inch blades, as they are the most practical for my urban edc needs. I am a big fan of Kizer knives, and am fiending to see some options in the 2-3" blade range!

It's been around for a while, and frankly is kind of a little chubby and ugly, but the Kizer 3416 is actually a great little small knife. Not many 2.5" blades come in this rugged of a package. It's stout, sturdy and provides a great grip for such a small knife. The biggest drawback is the blade tip is a little obtuse, so if you're looking for a knife with a tip for fine work, you might need to keep looking. But, seriously, if you've never tried the 3416 you might want to pick up this Justin Gingrich design while a lot of outlets are closing them out.
kizer-ki3416a1-large.jpg
I have a 3404 Activ Bantam with skull design and it's a nice knife, but not the best flipper.
kizer-cutlery-ki3404a1-skull-titanium-folder-stonewash-large.jpg
I actually dislike the 3411...there are just too many hotspots on the handle for a handle that gets engulfed by average sized hands.
kizer-cutlery-ki3411a2-small-black-g10-folder-large.jpg
You also can't go wrong with some of the "small" vanguards: the Bad Dog, the V3 Vigor, the Dukes are all great values and 3" or less.

Ram mentioned the M390 "Mini" series and they look awesome, I just hate to spend that kind of cash on a Kizer when that much money will buy me a new WE, lol. Hopefully they get more of these out to vendors or offer less premium steel to drive the price down.

An excellent 3" Kizer that everyone seems to overlook is the Kizer Pinkerton Rogue. That is one sweet little blade, one of my favorite Kizers actually. Full Ti, S35VN and a lot of character for usually right around $100 makes it a heck of a deal too!
kizer-rogue-ki3480-cm-large.jpg

Last edited:
I have and recommend the 3416 and the Dukes, although the Dukes FEELS just a bit longer than 3-inches.

Also have the Bantam but Kizers have gotten much better since then.

All in all, this is a pretty small selection.

Repeating my question to Kizer -- what other under 3-inch or under folders are you coming out with?

Thanks.

I'll check out the new models (prototypes) next week at Shot Show and report back on the subject.

From what I saw at Shot Show, in the premium series there will be only the Feist that has a blade length of under 3" (2.83" to be exactly)
In the Vanguard series there will be Mikkel Willumsen's Barbarossa with 2.98" and the Perock with 2.98".
Another new premium model (Deputy Ki3493 from in-house designer Azo) will have a blade length of exactly 3".

Kizer Ning Shoal with a 3" balde of M390 just showed up on BladeHQ for $253.00. These are like the other Kizer Minis with M390 for about the same price: Mini Intrepid, Mini Flashbang and Mini Dorado.

Kizer-Ning-Shoal-gray-ti-sw-BHQ-52257-er.jpg

Kizer-Ning-Shoal-gray-ti-sw-BHQ-52257-er-side.jpg

Kizer-Ning-Shoal-sw-ti-wavy-BHQ-52258-er.jpg

Kizer-Ning-Shoal-sw-ti-wavy-BHQ-52258-er-side.jpg

I can not officially announce anything in this regard. I can say that 3" and under blades are being given heavy consideration. Stay tuned!

I can not officially announce anything in this regard. I can say that 3" and under blades are being given heavy consideration. Stay tuned!

Unofficially then -- excellent!

Looking forward to this as well. I have two kizers that I enjoy but they have to stay home when I go to the city.

I agree with needing more 3 inch and under knives! I love Kizer's designs for the most part but I prefer to stay between 3"-3.25" for my blades. Hopefully we see some more soon!

2.99" or less for blade length is the magic number since there are localities where the regulation says UNDER 3 inches!

Personally, less than 2.75" and it becomes a little too small for main EDC.

Of course, there are localities where the regulations specify under 2.5 inches in blade length.

Back