Need more carbon fiber

I've got G10 knives in various colors coming out of my ears...

We need some new handle materials. It seemed like it would be easy to do a CF sprint M2 or P2... I can only but so many G10 versions of the same knife.

Please Sal, another Para 2 sprint in CF... and maybe a Manix 2 sprint in CF. Any good steel would do...

They've already done a sprint with CF in the Para 2 and Manix 2, both in S90V. Though, I would like to see more of the peel ply CF.

I've got G10 knives in various colors coming out of my ears...

We need some new handle materials. It seemed like it would be easy to do a CF sprint M2 or P2... I can only but so many G10 versions of the same knife.

Please Sal, another Para 2 sprint in CF... and maybe a Manix 2 sprint in CF. Any good steel would do...

Count me in, I really like CF scales, especially the polished variety. The great design of Spyderco knives allows be to grip them securely without the need for 80 grit G-10 or peel ply.

They've already done a sprint with CF in the Para 2 and Manix 2, both in S90V.

yes, both one time sprints in limited quantities. good luck in getting one now!

there have been so many sprints of the manix in G10, plus the standard offering is in G10. I dont know how many sprints the Para was done in G10, but there too the standard offering is in G10

while I like G10, I want to see some variety!

I would definitely like to see some full-production piece in peel-ply CF

I still shed a small tear because the CF Stretch in peel-ply CF got disco'd. All the other recent ones (Manix 2, Para 2, Superhawk) are basically gone, we need a new one!

The Japanese models have some really nice peel-ply CF, with a larger sized weave pattern than the American stuff. It's a little less textured as well, which I like because it's still pretty aggressive, plenty for me.

I want to see either a new model or a classic model in peel-ply CF in at least limited production (My suggestion is a Barong in CF with a ZDP blade)

PS-Overall though, I think there's a decent amount of Twill and polished CF (maybe could use a tad more polished CF). In twill you got Sage, G. Bradley, Terzuola, Navaja, upcoming Chaparral. Polished you got the UKPK, Caly 3, and recents sprints like the Balance and Shabaria. Come to think of it, we actually could really use more polished CF. The only CF that's abundant is twill, and although I like the twill, I like the other kinds too. I'm lucky enough to have some disco'd models in CF like the T-Mag, Walker and Stretch, which made it seem like there's more CF out there, but I kind of agree with the thread, I'd like to see more production models in CF. I gotta get me a CF UKPK when I have some extra cash also

Last edited:
Handle material is very important to me, but overall design is much more important. In general I do not care about polished CF, but Native4 is one of my favorite spydies.
I strongly prefer natural material, micarta and even polished G10 to CF. Still I like Twill CF, absolutely do not care about polished and prefer Peel ply on my Para to Peel ply on my Superhawk.

I prefer Micarta or FRN over G-10 or CF any day, but when it comes to CF... there needs to more using the fancy weave featured in the CF Lum Chinese. Purty!

I agree, I'm a carbon fiber nut. How about the Lightning Strike CF I had tuffthumbz work up on my Manix 2. It'd be awesome if Spyderco would do a sprint run in this material:

[video=youtube;_sGMxKF3TuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sGMxKF3TuQ[/video]

Last edited:
Back