Need Reassembly Help for my Kizer Vanguard Begleiter

Right out of the box, my Kizer Vanguard Begleiter's action was very stiff, to the point that I cut myself when bearing down on the thumbstud, since the downwards force of my fingers pushed straight into the blade path when the blade finally moved. Luckily, the knife was not that sharp (out of the box). I decided to disasemble the knife and try to improve it by removing some of the black paint on the blade that's causing the extra friction with the washers. Being new at all of this, I can't get the knife back together. (There's no @NickShabazz video on this one, it seems.)Where can I go for help short of just buying a brand new one? Is there someone I can send the pieces to who can lubricate the knife, reconstruct it, and send it back to me?

What is keeping you from getting it back together? There's no bearings , so it should be fairly straightforward reassembly.

Post pictures with every part numbered and you'll have instructions in no time ;)

I actually owned a Beglieter, and the only issue I had was the use of paper thin nylon washers along with the PB washers instead of just PB. If you want to send me an email I will help you get it together.

Thanks guys. Just saw this. Got it back together. Is the coating durable? Looks a lot thinner than the stuff on ESEE knives. I'm wondering if it's going to look all scratched up the first time I cut up one of those lunch containers from work. :)

Thanks guys. Just saw this. Got it back together. Is the coating durable? Looks a lot thinner than the stuff on ESEE knives. I'm wondering if it's going to look all scratched up the first time I cut up one of those lunch containers from work. :)
I just happen to run across the same problem, I took it apart and ended up with 4 bronze washers and two thin nylon washers. Could you help?

Reading this, I am now wondering about pulling mine apart. It's pretty stiff even after loosening to pivot. Looks like the detent may just be too sharp. I could smooth it out a bit but it has eased up a little bit. My Begleiter 2 is amazing thoguh. Stable but super quick light action.

Back