Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post pictures of the knife? Sometimes an aggressive bead blast can "hide" slight imperfections. Or, you could see about contacting a knife maker than can regrind the blade. Josh from Razor Edge Knives used to do regrinds, not sure if he still does or not, but you could reach out to him.
Also, you are asking for a fair (actually alot) amount of work for "fairly cheap". Not sure how that is going to work out for you.

I believe there is a maker in the Custom Services Offered section of the exchange who recently offered his regrinding services. Only caveat is he's in Canada.

if it's an original shbm the swedge may not be even because those were all hand ground IIRC so that may just be how it got to him.

if it's a ASHBM I'd send it to Jerry at the shop.

Hi jeepin jeepin

A lot of the trough-dwellers like the look of the pits on strippers (dirty dogs they are) - the shop does not take as much care on the finish for the coated blades as you are seeing.

As to the grind, if it is a factory grind, you might want to talk to Garth and see what they could do at the shop.

Keep in mind their shop is not a week or two turnaround, but I have been very pleased with their attention to my old Busse knives in the past.

Good luck and best regards -

mqqn

The pits would require taking off a lot of metal. The swedge is not important (without seeing a photo).

The finish you can do yourself, with the right technique and a little sandpaper.

Try a search on YouTube for: how to get a satin finish on a knife blade

The top one by Gough is pretty good.

Just use the heck out of it and don't agonize over tiny imperfections. That's what heavy duty knives like Busse are made for.

I just tried to do pics but my camera sucks.
And I know it’s meant to be a user knife but I’m anal about things like this LoL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back