Need Sheath for Entek Beaver

I bought a hunting knife. I know I should have MADE a hunting knife, but I bought one. It's an Entrek Beaver. It has a micara handle, and the blade is about 4" long.

The sheath that came with it seems serviceable, but it requires a belt. I wear suspenders. I'm going to need a new sheath.

I have an Uncle Mike's Sidekick holster I love. It's a fabric holster with some sort of rubbery strips on the sides. If you draw the gun, the strips stick to your pocket and pull the holster off the gun. This is great.

I am wondering if anyone here has any knowledge about making sheaths like this.

I figure I have two choices. First, I can make a sheath with a hook-shaped deal at the top that goes over the waistband of my pants. Second, I can make a sheath that goes in a pocket and slides off, like the Sidekick holster.

I have never made a sheath.

Tips invited.

I can't seem to change the misspelling in the title of this post.

Last edited:
Something like my boot sheath might work for you.

nlDT6FK.jpg

bKky4J2.jpg

imKGyIW.jpg

fhLvBVn.jpg

Then there are Beltless Sheaths.

rfzI56N.jpg

oAM6eZp.jpg

A young lady in TN wanted one of each.

gB6xnVZ.jpg

It's ok that you bought a knife. If folks didn't buy knives who would us knife makers sell knives to?

A cowboy in Montana come up with this idea. It's one of my Gordos with a crossdraw Gordo belt sheath.

JBltsQl.jpg

Don't know if that would work with your larger knife.

That's very nice work.

If I knew what to use for friction to hold the sheath in a pocket, I'd go ahead and get a Kydex kit. I wear work jeans with pockets on the thighs, and this would be the perfect place for a sheath.

I can't put the sheath on a suspender because they're too springy.

Back